Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No MCQs?!

Options
  • 24-03-2008 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Went looking for past MCQs for Principles of Microeconomics (ECON10010) in the exam website but to no avail:( It merely says they are not available...does anyone know where I can find them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

mcq exams are not available for any courses i think. There are only a limited number of questions they can ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Went looking for past MCQs for Principles of Microeconomics (ECON10010) in the exam website but to no avail:( It merely says they are not available...does anyone know where I can find them?

There's a couple (edit: read 7) of multiple choice assignments on the Assignment section of the blackboard page. I assume the questions will be very similar, and sure you know the exam format from Macro last symmester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

With Micro and the MCQ's take my advice, look at the sample MCQ's they put on Blackboard, learn it, learn it and then learn it some more. I studied the book, while my friend just learned the MCQ's and he got the A. They just re hash the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

redcar wrote: »
    With Micro and the MCQ's take my advice, look at the sample MCQ's they put on Blackboard, learn it, learn it and then learn it some more. I studied the book, while my friend just learned the MCQ's and he got the A. They just re hash the questions.

Thank you so much for that. I really better start cramming/showing to lectures!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

redcar wrote:
    TWith Micro and the MCQ's take my advice, look at the sample MCQ's they put on Blackboard, learn it, learn it and then learn it some more. I studied the book, while my friend just learned the MCQ's and he got the A. They just re hash the questions..
    Academia, lifelong learning, lack of good Christian morals, young people these days, the end is nigh, etc. etc.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Breezer wrote: »
    Academia, lifelong learning, lack of good Christian morals, young people these days, the end is nigh, etc. etc.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

But thats the lecturers fault not the students. the students are simply applying the system: necessary inputs for desired results. Its a flawed system...

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Plus the lecturer was hinting heavily that the problem MCQs he put up online are going to be useful for the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Plus the lecturer was hinting heavily that the problem MCQs he put up online are going to be useful for the exam

I took the course and was one of the never went to lectures yet got an A people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hansman

I did the module last year. Really easy if you know the past MCQ's it gets very repetitive. Lectures are a bit of a waste of time. I have a load of past MCQ's and solutions. PM me if ya want me to send them to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

But thats the lecturers fault not the students. the students are simply applying the system: necessary inputs for desired results. Its a flawed system...
    I know, I was taking the mick out of the mad threads that crop up here from time to time ;) I've done some MCQ learning in my time, don't worry. Although beware, you can get royally screwed by doing it - at Christmas we had reams and reams of past MCQs for a particular subject and not one of them came up on the actual exam. Fortunately I studied properly on that occasion :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

A friend of mine often worked on the principle of it's easier to write a true statment than a false one for anatomy mcqs. Thus he always ticked true unless he knew the statment to be false.

As far as I know, he never failed one and that was with a 50% pass rate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

A friend of mine often worked on the principle of it's easier to write a true statment than a false one for anatomy mcqs. Thus he always ticked true unless he knew the statment to be false.

As far as I know, he never failed one and that was with a 50% pass rate

Wow, fair play to him! Only problem with economics is that generally each mcq has four or five answers, none are true and false.:( That'd be way easier!

Advertisement