Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ideas for 12+ mile loops (maynooth,leixlip...)

• 24-03-2008 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

i'm living in the maynooth but not local to the area, currently training for a marathon but i am struggling to find some 12+ routes around the maynooth area!

i have been measuring a route on www.runnningahead.com which leaves mynooth village center and heads for rathcoffey then takes a right after running through rathcoffey then on towards kilcock then back to maynooth, the loop is 16miles.

i'm not sure of the road names but if anyone knows the roads and if they are safe, are any loops they run them selves they could pass on etc....

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

These roads are not really safe IMO for running. What's about running along the canal ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 m-malone

yea i've been sticking to the canal path this past few weeks, the only problem with this i find is that after 2mile(carton house) the gravel path ends and it changes to muck!! which is very uneven sometimes!! but its better than nothing i suppose!

have u any thoughts on the straffan road out of maynooth towards straffan then left into celbridge, then out of celbridge along the dublin road and then left into lexilip (past HP) then back to maynooth?? these roads prob arent the safest either are they??

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

I live in Celbridge and run on some of the roads you are talking about. The dublin road out of Celbridge and around by HP into Leixlip has good footpaths on it. The footpaths continue when you turn left and head towards Maynooth but they stop after Intel. However the road is wide, but not in all places. However I've never run past Intel towards Maynooth so I can't be sure.

Hope the marathon training is going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You could head out of Maynooth on the Celbridge road and turn off for Kilmacredock which will lead you in to Leixlip. From there you have a good few options, you could go up the back of intel around the Moor Of Meath. Your best bet would be to check mapmyrun.com and do a search. I have about 10 runs on that site ranging from 6 - 20 mile all clearly mapped out and there are plenty more from other people as well.

Advertisement