Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Season

• 24-03-2008 7:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What do think is the best season?

For me it was

Thought 1 was the best as it was a a breath of fresh air.

Didnt like 2 as just didnt seem to fit right.

There was very little difference in quality between them. They could be all tied for first (except 2 really didnt think all that much of it)

Which Season Was the Best? 45 votes

Season 1
    0% 0 votes
    Season 2
    17% 8 votes
    Season 3
    11% 5 votes
    Season 4
    24% 11 votes
    Season 5
    46% 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Its a tough call. I just finished watching all five seasons. Its the best TV show ever!

I'm going with season 5. I laughed so much at McNulty's "Big Case" in this one. It was hilarious.

And one of my favourite lines ever was in season 5. There is a meeting of the co-op, and one of the county dealers complains about Cheese's "incursions" into his territories. Cheese replys back with....."incursions? aren't you an articulate motherf@?ker!". I almost wet myself.

And then there's the sceen in the 2nd or 3rd season where Stringer Bell is having a meeting with all mid level people. Before anyone can speak they have to raise their hand and "be recognised by the chair". Doesn't sound like much, but in true The Wire sopirit its hilarious will being very effective in developing the story.

....actually I think I might go back and watch all 5 seasons again now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm watching all seasons again atm, just started S4.

Never thought much of S2 but after watching it again its just as good as the others imo. Its a very tough call to make. Orignally I liked S1 the most, but not I'm not sure. I'll make a judgement after I finish S5 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Im only half way through season 3 at the moment so far so might come back and vote on this poll when im through them all (at the rate im going could be next week). I really liked season 1 but it was season 2 that got me completly hooked. I just cant stop watching it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Hard decision. I always thought 2 was my least favourite until I watched it a second time on dvd and it really is a great season.

4 is the best I reckon so overall Ill go with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I think season 1 cause it was new & fresh and just damn good.

That order could easily change tomorrow, there's just too much quality there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Loved season 2.. can't decide any kind of order of preference, they are all just too good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Have to say after watching them all, rewatching season 2, I quite enjoyed it the second time round, a lot of subtilties in it , love The Greeks "Your way,it won't work" scene...poor Frank..:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

For me the order would be:
    1. Season Three
    2. Season One
    3. Season Four
    4. Season Two
    5. Season Five
    However my favourite scene was in Season Two where Beadie goes to try to persuade Frank to come in and make a deal.
    Frank can barely look at her as he's so ashamed and they both try to keep it together and not cry but fail and Beadie tells Frank that he's "better than those you got in bed with".
    Chris Bauer and Amy Ryan really did a fantastic job with that scene.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Season 1 for the scene where McNulty and Bunk reconstruct the shooting saying nothing but "f*ck"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

for me season 5 all the way

fave scenes:

Clay Davis coming out of the court house
    Omar vs Snoop/Chris/Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭keith99

is there any link to watch episode 10 of the 5th series of the wire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

keith99 wrote: »
    is there any link to watch episode 10 of the 5th series of the wire
    Try HBO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Season 2 is probably my favourite

Favourite scene is from series 5, Clay Davis's perp walk, shhheeeettt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I really enjoyed season 2. I thought concentrating on the docks really brought a whole new dimension and sense of reality to the show.

Season 3, while excellent, felt a little bit like it was pandering to the audience - giving us what we want - with the showdown between Stringer and Avon etc.

Season 4 - With the Barksdale stuff out of the way, I think they took the opportunity again to add more dimensions to the show (The Hall and The School).

I haven't started watching Season 5 yet.

So for me it is a toss up between 2 and 4 so far

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Season 2 was my favourite. Valchek was excellent, also showed the blue collar white side to Baltimore.

Advertisement