Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabo Direct

Options
  • 24-03-2008 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has a rabo direct savings account or has had any dealings with them.

Looking at opening a savings account with them, like the rates and the convenience not 100% convinced about the "no local branches" wondering what the customer service is like as it is all via their call centre

any info would be appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Never had any issue - if you search for other Rabodirect threads, you'll find people have generally been positive about them on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

They may be 'branchless' but they have the highes credit rating of all the banks here.

How mnay times do you talk to the bank anyway?. . .a call centre is fine for the few times, the bulk of stuff can easily be done via their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I find them very easy to deal with.
    I've only ever had one query since Ive opened my account and it was dealt with efficiently.

The only problem I have is that money transfers in/out take a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Excellent to deal with and you can ring the callcentre with any problems.

People might be worried about internet banks they are far, far bigger than the Irish banks afaik.
    Of course, being a big bank is no gurantee they won't disappear but you get my point

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

jimbo78 wrote: »
    I find them very easy to deal with.
    I've only ever had one query since Ive opened my account and it was dealt with efficiently.

The only problem I have is that money transfers in/out take a few days.

I find them great for transferring money out - withdraw the money in the morning and it will be in my bricks and mortar current account by the following morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I find them easy to deal with. Very good for transferring money in and out once you get used to the Decoder Yokey they give you (which I find user friendly).

However, I moved my money out when they reduced their rate to the relatively poor 4.3%.

Advertisement