Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It can be a large town at times....

Options
  • 24-03-2008 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

"Despite Galway being a small city you never seem to manage to bump into those nice people you encounter yet forget to give your number to....."

Discuss....

Please excuse my hungover musings but I'm so pissed off with myself.

I've been away for the last few weeks, just back, and last night was my first proper session in Galway in ages..... and [EMAIL="I@ve"]Ive[/EMAIL] just changed my hair also so I was well in the party mood!

Anyhow, fell into the living room late last night and ended up chatting to this really nice very keen hunky man, even though i was pissed i knew i was onto a good thing.

But too much vodka and a sudden drunken craving for scuttermacs played havoc with my socalled good thing, I wandered off and woke up this morning thinking Bollox.... i never got his number.... or gave him mine.

This is the third time its happened to me in the last 6months or so.
    and its rather annoying that in this small little city of ours you never seem to manage to bump into these nice people again....aaarrrrgggh!

It would've probably come to nothing anyways, but finding out might have been nice!

Damned Mr Pinot and Mr Grigio....those nasty men:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Maybe you should have your number tatooed to your forehead for the next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Oh you run into 'em again all right, it's just that with the wine-goggles off, you simply don't recognise 'em. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Been there and done that. Just Mary is right too, I'm crap at remembering faces when I'm sober let alone faces I've met when I've been drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Print up some business cards.

I always take a camera out with me and find an excuse to take pics of the girls I talk to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Here's a thought: learn to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

It's so long since I met a girl in a pub that I'd be interested in seeing again I forget how it goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Over&Over

Drink less, you'll feel all the better for it.

That's what I've started to do, just have enough to be socially lubricated and not to feel self concious dancing (around 4-5 pints) and then onto the water.

I'm finding more and more things to do rather than go out drinking too, but still meeting people and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Can't say I've found that, unless they weren't from Galway to begin with. I know a friend of mine put a request on Galway Bay fm once and got a reply when she was looking for a guy she met out. Worked a treat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement