Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

whats the secret to the 206 tyre?

Options
  • 24-03-2008 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

hi,

i recently had to change a tyre on a 206, a complete nightmare... i removed the bolts no problem but when i went to take the tyre off i just would not budge. i nearly pulled the car off the jack. i ended up having to park the car up on a path and turn the wheel into the path and forced it off that way.

are they known to be this difficult? if im ever asked to change a 206 again... im running!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

The hole in the centre of the wheel is a close fit on matching protrusion on the hub , water gets in between the two and they corrode. If that one was bad , it'd be best to take the rest of them off and clean them up .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

It happens on many cars. Nothing to do with one make or another. Just if a wheel has not been removed off the disc / hub for ages sometimes they are bonded together. All they need is a bit of gentle persuasion or a belt/shock to loosen.

Advertisement