Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should newer do?

Options
  • 24-03-2008 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

As i saw apartments are very expensive,is maybe sharing better option?Its maybe cheaper but is it better than letting a studio?I know i heard irish are very friendly,but is it worth to give 200,300,400 more and be alone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

It all depends on the person, some prefer being alone, studios are tiny and not for everyone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Personally I'd pay the extra for the sake of my own privacy and the ability to do my own thing without having to make concessions for housemates. As you get older you do value your privacy more though. Its entirely up to you- are you willing to pay the extra? Also rent in a lot of areas, particularly those where a lot of housing units have been built in the last few years, are falling at the moment- so I'd suggest keep an eye out, and be prepared to compromise with where you want to live, and you might be very surprised at the rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Am i right if i make conclusion that nice double bedroom in Dublin is like 500-600 euros and small apartment over 1000?Just to make some conclusions for my self

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Am i right if i make conclusion that nice double bedroom in Dublin is like 500-600 euros and small apartment over 1000?Just to make some conclusions for my self

It really depends on where you want to live and what you are looking for.

An example of a 1 bed studio apartment in Rathmines (reasonably central- maybe a 20 minute walk to the city centre, and on reasonable transport) is here at EUR700 or a 2 bed apartment in north county Dublin (Balbriggan for EUR950

If you go to www.daft.ie you will find loads of properties that you might be interested in- mostly at less than you suggest.

Advertisement