Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service - EO exams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Hi - I got an email to say I got a certain merit order in Mayo for the EO competition - like what was added above. I thought you could only select two counties for this? Think I selected Sligo also. Has anyone heard ..
    Also - what are the odd of gettings called for this ? Finished in the top 30 in Mayo but I don't really know if this is good or not. Seems bizarre that they have no idea how many slots will be opening !!
    Has anyone heard anything about the EO ICT competition? It was the same day but had to be selected on the application form. It mentioned that you wouldn't select county at that stage but later on..
    Any one had any feedback on that yet ? (I'm getting more confused about this whole process to be honest !!)

Just got an email to say where I finished in the Sligo competition as well (regarding EO comp) ..
    Has anyone any ideas how many spots are coming up ? or any info on ICT part of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cadet? wrote: »
    Hey Supercell,

You wouldn't be so kind as to tell me if any of those counties you got placed in was Dublin?!

I only applied for Limerick and Dublin and I've gotten a reply with my placing in Limerick. I'm just wondering if other people have gotten Dublin yet so I work out whether I've made the cut!

Thanks.

All the ones I've gotten so far are top 30, haven't gotten Dublin yet so expect I didn't get in the top 30 there.
    I think its the only country I haven't gotten one from so far.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Cadet?

dubdub123,

I'm only a virgin in this whole process as well but I think you can safely assume you'll be called for interview with such a good placing (well done!). Surely they are going to interview roughly 5 people for every position like?! So even if there's only 10 positions open you're a shoe-in.......

Wish I could say the same for myself......my placing is alot higher-Although it is in Limerick, where there might be more positions opening......I just have fingers crossed for Dublin!

dubdub123 wrote: »
    I thought you could only select two counties for this?

Nope, I'm happy to work anywhere so selected them all.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭funky_monkey

anyone heard from wicklow or kildare??

Thanks Supercell.

Obviously I'm sure there are quite a few more people applying for Dublin so I ain't that confident- especially after getting a relatively high (low?!) placing in Limerick- but fingers crossed.

As soon as anyone hears anything about the Dublin competition let us know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

whoop! (I think) - top 30 in Cork.

I'm missing 3 counties altogether - Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow, - guess these must have the highest scores to get in..

Supercell wrote: »
    I'm missing 3 counties altogether - Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow, - guess these must have the highest scores to get in..

Or they just haven't bee tabulated yet!

Clutching. At. Straws.

• Advertisement

Or they just haven't bee tabulated yet!

Clutching. At. Straws.
    Hope so..

Who's going to be the first brainiac that says they got Dublin!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

i take it everyone is getting a txt no matter what position they got , even if they didnt end up in the top few? (i havent heard anything yet althought i just went for Kildare and Dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭funky_monkey

weedhead wrote: »
    i take it everyone is getting a txt no matter what position they got , even if they didnt end up in the top few? (i havent heard anything yet althought i just went for Kildare and Dublin)

I went for kildare/dublin/wicklow. Don't think they have released them as of yet!!! Cos I haven't heard anything either

Yeah, I was thinking the same.....I mean even if you don't make the cut surely you get a friendly 'PFO- Better luck next time!'.....So I'm still hopin'!

oh ok - I could've probably ticked roscommon and galway as well to increase the chances (doh!) I was sure when I filled this in on line it said to select 2 preferences only.
    I'd imagine they would send out an email to everyone regarding where they have placed - sure they'll have to send out the results of the aptitude test anyhow.
    Did any of you apply for the ICT EO as well as part of the same comp? Not sure how that will work at all but haven't heard anything. Reckon I may have a better chance there as there's further criteria so may whittle the numbers down somewhat.
    Good luck to you all anyhow and well done!

I don't think so, looks like only those that got in the first 30 in any county are getting notices this time.

I'm the wrong side of 20 for Cork and Galway, multiply the populations and it seems probable that I didnt get below 30 in Dublin or the two Dublin commuter counties...

Hope that's not the case for maybe Kildare or Wicklow but pretty certain I'm nowhere near 30 in Dublin.

Supercell wrote: »
    I don't think so, looks like only those that got in the first 30 in any county are getting notices this time.
    quote]

No- that ain't the case.

I got placed in around 100th and I got an email.

Yeah , I placed outside top 30 for sligo and got the email. couldn't access the publicjobs site for a bit earlier on.. must have been quite a few people checking results.. maybe they'll stagger sending the larger county results out.
    I thought they said interviews at the start of June in relation to this - so do you reckon they'd have some idea of how many positions are coming up?
    still nothing on the other competition - I'm not sure if they will do the same breakdown for county for this or just have one panel.. I'm perplexed.

No- that ain't the case.

I got placed in around 100th and I got an email.

Ahh, good stuff, I can't wait to see how I did in Dublin, would be dead chuffed to get in the top 100 there tbh given the hoards of people sitting exams there :D

I was just reviewing my application on public jobs and noticed that while you can apply for all counties you have to specify what your top two favourites are.

I just realised my second favourite (first is Dublin but haven't got an offer for round two for that at all) really isn't my second favourite at all.
    Problem is that its one of the counties that I got a top five placing in, so suspect if I am successful in round two its probable that its the one that will be offered to me.

Doe anyone know if that's how it works? and can I change preference at this late stage, how hard is it to internally transfer?

• Advertisement

I had another look at the application and it sounds like you can pick as many counties as you want but you'll get only TWO offers.. If you refuse both, then you're off the panel.. Can anyone confirm that's how it works? I was wondering something similar regarding whether I can add in an extra county at this stage or is it too late.. Supercell, did you get the Dublin results?
    has anyone heard about the ICT EO part of this? Or should I take that as meaning I have proceeded to the next stage .. could be another while of waiting I suspect..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 aguaclara

i'm number 127 :( is there any hope of them ever reaching that far down the list?

i didn't know you could apply for more than two counties. on the application form i filled out i think there was only space for two choices...damnit. how do you apply for more than that? do you have to apply separately?

I had another look at the application and it sounds like you can pick as many counties as you want but you'll get only TWO offers.. If you refuse both, then you're off the panel.. Can anyone confirm that's how it works? I was wondering something similar regarding whether I can add in an extra county at this stage or is it too late.. Supercell, did you get the Dublin results?
    has anyone heard about the ICT EO part of this? Or should I take that as meaning I have proceeded to the next stage .. could be another while of waiting I suspect..

Yeah, looks like thats how it works alright.
    While I'd be happy to work in any county, there are one or two that would be lower down the list than others.
    I'd be gutted if I was lucky enough to get an offer, turn it down, and then get a second offer for a county further down the preference list, would be nice if they said you could have Dublin or Wicklow, pick one, for example.

Dunno about ICT, I didn't apply for that, haven't heard a peep about Dublin yet, but as no-one has posted here yet saying they have an offer for there I guess they are staggering the news - the website was crawling earlier without the Dublin/Kildare/Wicklow results out as it is!

is that 127 in the EO ICT competition or the regular EO comp for a specific county? I only applied for 2 counties as I thought that was all but from looking at what Supercell indicated you could apply for more. I had another look and it seems to be the case on the online form though I'm not 100%. I only applied for Mayo & Sligo but other people mentioned apply for 3 counties or more.
    If anyone gets any info regarding i/views could they please post some info? It's not clear from the email if they are calling people shortly for an upcoming round of i/views.

heard a rumour there was a problem with the system so dublin results won't go out til tomorrow. sit tight!

EO for a specific county. glad i placed at all, but it'd probably take a year to be called for an interview.

my post just crossed with yours, supercell. If you did get an interview even for a location that you don't really want, you may be able to take it and see if there's any decentralization for the particular dept. depending on what dept might be able to transfer to a different location after a year (or possibly two). even if you're in the top five in one location it could end up moving slower than another, so hang in there . hopefully dublin results will be out soon. if you're getting in the top 10 for a lot of counties then that bodes v. well ! good luck.

if you're getting in the top 10 for a lot of counties then that bodes v. well ! good luck.
    Thanks :D Yeah around half of them, its interesting to see what counties there is less demand for, was very surprised at a few of them. For example I scored almost the same for Cork and Galway yet the two counties have much different populations. Guess Galway's reputation as a party town is in its favour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Hi. Got top five in more than 3 counties!!! Yay! :D

Does anyone know if you can ask for a preference with regards to County?

• Advertisement

Hi. Got top five in more than 3 counties!!! Yay! :D

Does anyone know if you can ask for a preference with regards to County?

Congrats!
    You picked your top two on the application form , I'd forgotten that too , you can check what you picked by looking on publicjobs.ie

Looks like it's possible to transfer once you're in after a year or so, that's a long way away yet though, best of luck :)

Advertisement