Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone else think Death and Nightingales is boring????

Options
  • 24-03-2008 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hey
    Death and Nightingales is on the leaving cert course and we're studying it as our main text. I think the book is pathetic and incredibly boring!!

I think i'm gonna do Othello as my main text...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I'm doing Othello as my single text and it's working out fine anyway...
    I didn't think Death and Nightingales was a great book to study really

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

We studied D&N as a comparative text. It's awful morbid moany stuff. Do the Shakepeare. G'wan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Does anyone else thing Death and Nightingales is sh1te????

How exactly does one go about thinging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

i type fast......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

life_is_music, I've updated the thread title to be slightly less offensive and corrected your spelling.

If you are going to spend 30 seconds creating a thread, take an extra 30 to sense check and edit accordingly. Try to use less offensive language in the title too. Thanks.

• Advertisement

BossArky wrote: »
    life_is_music, I've updated the thread title to be slightly less offensive and corrected your spelling.

If you are going to spend 30 seconds creating a thread, take an extra 30 to sense check and edit accordingly. Try to use less offensive language in the title too. Thanks.

Rock on BossArky

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

What?

Back on topic, I did Othello for the LC in 98 and found it pretty good. I've read a good few of the other plays but found Othello sticks in my mind more so than the others, probably because I spent 8 months on it :pac:

BossArky wrote: »
    Back on topic, I did Othello for the LC in 98 and found it pretty good. I've read a good few of the other plays but found Othello sticks in my mind more so than the others, probably because I spent 8 months on it :pac:

I love how it presents the issue of race.

An old black ram is tupping your white ewe.

I remember the class playing dumb trying to get the teacher to explain that one :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

sorry bossarky but the book is worse then boring :)

I'm definately going to do Othello.....it's actualy a really good play and the quote are really easy to remember!

"eloping with the moor"
    "making the beast with 2 backs"
    and of course the black ram quote!

Advertisement