Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenstar bin collecton instead of Fingal?

Options
  • 24-03-2008 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anybody tried Greenstars bin collection yet? I had a sales rep call to my place before the Easter break discussing how much cheaper they are than Fingal.There is a yearly charge of €55 and every black bin costs 2.80 + 0.175 per KG so a rough guess would be around €7 per black bin.
    The big selling point for me is the fact you can put all plastic packaging in the green bins,absolutely any plastic packaging the sales rep told me.I'm tempted to go with Greenstar but would still be a bit reluctant to leave Fingal.I suppose because Fingal have an excellent recycle centre not too far from my place and I'd be worried that if we all switched,places like that would close down.Has anybody here had any good or bad experiences with Greenstar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

your black bin will be dearer than fingal ,i figured the same as you but it always works out on average 10euro for the black bin as there is no free brown bin collection to take the weight away,any way its been proved countrywide that the private companys will hike their prices the more customers they get.

Advertisement