Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just do it

Options
  • 24-03-2008 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Boards challenge week 1.
    I am posting this in an attempt to keep myself motivated and complete the 8 week challenge.
    Took photos today and deleted them in disgust as they were horrific - need to cop on - I will retake tomorrow.
    Goals
    Body Fat - Reduce by 3%
    Weight - Lose 10lbs
    Fitness - Be able to jog 3km comfortably at end of wk 8. Increase strength and flexibility.
    Spend at least one hour per day outside taking in fresh air.
    How
    Make 90% of meals from scratch at home
    Record everything I eat and drink
    5 days per week do CV exercise for 45 mins
    3 days weight program
    Long hilly walk 1 day at weekends
    Update progress here every Monday.

Measurements
    Weight 143lbs [F***]
    Body Fat 22.7%
    Chest 38"
    Waist 31"
    Top of legs 38"
    Knee 17"

Not feeling good about the above as I've been making an effort for the last few weeks and can't see any results. I feel like hiding away from the problem rather than addressing it but not going down that road again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Day 2
    I am starving today - dont know why as I've been eating fine throughout the day

Evening - 30 mins walk, 40 mins weights etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Hey little,

Stick with it, the hunger could be you just getting used to it,

I found taking the pics and looking at them a shock too, but once you get a few weeks into it and look back you will be chuffed,

gabgab wrote: »
    Hey little,

Stick with it, the hunger could be you just getting used to it,

I found taking the pics and looking at them a shock too, but once you get a few weeks into it and look back you will be chuffed,

hopefully! Feeling better today

2 mile fast walk on soft sand - tough going!

Thurs - 45 mins walk
    Fri - weights & cardio 1 hour - the park - wow I'm unfit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

week one down and nice amount of cardio done, keep it going little friend, have a great week.

hey siochain, thanks for that. Very stiff from friday so did no exercise yesterday and just a light walk today. Back to it properly tomorrow. Foodwise I'm fine at the moment which is good. Hope to start seeing results soon. I think I'm can vaguely make out a the beginnings of a shape underneath the layers of padding.

are you doing the 8 wk thing too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Hi littlefriend,

I'm a self confessed training addict already with a steady 5 day a week training plan and I've two weeks holidays right in the middle so not signing as such. But I have to say all credit to Gem for starting it off its the best idea on boards yet, delighted to see so many sign up and I'll be looking out for all on the Boards challenge team. Can't wait to see everyone seeing and most important feeling the positive results in their lives.

Have a great one...

Wk 2 - Not so good re exercise. Back problems - visit to Beaumont hospital. Garden flooded. Food fine. No cravings yet !!

Week 4
    Diet ok Monday - Saturday.
    Monday - walk
    Tuesday - college - walk
    Wednesday - reformer pilates & walk
    Thursday - hard-ish session w/ Dom. Very stiff until Sunday.
    Friday - very sore muscles. Ate 2 bags of tayto
    Saturday - walk
    Sunday - slice of pizza and some garlic bread. Drank a few glasses of bulmers - felt really really ill all night - slept badly sunday night.

Week 5
    Monday - exhausted, kept falling asleep + back very sore = eating crap is not worth it anymore. I can't believe what a bad effect Sundays food has had.

Tuesday
    Walk/Jog 40 mins
    Food ok - hungry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Keep up the good work, you're over halfway there and think of the final measurements - it's not far away now!! You'll be delighted then. Your body is already rejecting junk so it's telling you what it wants!! Hope the hunger goes away, munch on healthy snacks or fruit maybe.

Advertisement