Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help with college project

• 24-03-2008 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

hi

id appreciate any help with this.

ive to do a research project on "Financial Services and e-Commerce" and im struggling to get it started. lack of ideas is the problem. anyone have any suggestions on what i cud do for it?

once i have an idea of what to do for the project i shud fly through it

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭aoife000

Might 'internet banking' be the way to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

or maybe the proliferation of online trading services? you know to buy and sell shares? its opened up the dealing of shares to person with a credit card and an internet connection...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭aoife000

Ideo wrote: »
    or maybe the proliferation of online trading services? you know to buy and sell shares? its opened up the dealing of shares to person with a credit card and an internet connection...

good idea - i like it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

aoife000 wrote: »
    Might 'internet banking' be the way to go?

yeah but i was looking for something a little different. thanks though.

cheers ideo.thats a good idea that ill discuss in the project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

that is so broad.

Rise of online trading companies- Amazon etc.
    Temporary Credit Card Companies that allow you to have a once off secure credit card number.
    Internet Banking and Internet banks
    The electronisation of financial trading
    scandals that the technology has led to- like the chap in france who was an online commodities trader who lost billions.
    Identity theft and the internet.

seriously, how can you NOT know where to start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

SetantaL wrote: »
    seriously, how can you NOT know where to start.

its called being on easter holidays and the brain not functioning properly! :D

thanks for all the ideas. keep them coming if u can think of more!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 wandering monk

How about on line credit card processing such as Protx or Realex (to name but 2)? These enable all the online shops and amazon etc to operate by processing the payment required to do business.

Advertisement