Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Regular Season Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Jeez Barry Zito sucks.

Good game between Tigers and Royals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

WTF is this 'your request is being processed' crap I keep getting when loading up mlb.tv...such a shower of wasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

zuutroy wrote: »
    WTF is this 'your request is being processed' crap I keep getting when loading up mlb.tv...such a shower of wasters.

I kept getting this message for about an hour last night.. Very frustrating, maybe they were having trouble with their new streaming quality.. I hope it doesn't continue, as i didn't pay to watch bits and pieces of games!!

Same crap at the start of every year. I'm getting worried now, as I don't see the 'condensed game' in the multimedia guide. If thats not there this year, there'll be a strongly worded letter heading MLB's way!

Just checked my CC statement.. Mlb took $14.95 from it. This is the monthly normal service. I had been told by them that my subscription will be taken automatically each year (my sub is the $119.99 premium). Just e-mailed there about it and about the disruption last night. Will post when (if) i get a response.

• Advertisement

lol their support is awful..will be at least a couple of days I'd say...you're better off phoning them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

There were lots of problems with mlb.tv last night. Hope they fix things fast. Ended up listening to the last few innings of the cubs, brewers game couldnt get a stream at all.Even now there is no option available to watch the game or highlights. They should have stuck with Windows Media Player instead of trying this new Silverlight software.

The same thing happened on opening day last year IIRC. I didn't really have any problems this time to be honest.

P.S. Maybe we should just have a 'Anyone having problems with MLB TV thread?'

lol their support is awful..will be at least a couple of days I'd say...you're better off phoning them

+1

And.....they will struggle with the fact that you live outside the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RORYBBELLOWS8

What the he!! is going with MLB.TV. Silverlight is an absolute joke. Quality of stream looks worse the 350k they had a few years ago. And where is the nice 1200k they advertised before the openers?? :(

Bob

• Advertisement

I sent them an email just now. If the condensed games are no more I'll be very annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Yeah i hope condensed games come back!! The daily rewind yoke is no use.

Quite a shot by Ortiz just now....Silverlight streaming absolutely sucks.

Yes sir, Ortiz is back-first hit, then first HR.

And Manny came might close immediately after.

2 nice games by the Red Sox starters, especially by Dice-K last night, although there are much more dangerous teams than Oakland out there.

Monster shot alright!!!! Silverlight is a joke.. i have trued it in 400K, 800K and 1.2K and they are all as bad as each other..

I'm using 800k normal on a 2 Mbps connection (getting 1.45) with no problems at all.

Thanks to old friends Alan Embree and Lenny DiNardo ftw!

Nice win, good pitching, fielding and some good batting.. more of the same please!! Going to watch AJ Burnett for a couple of inns now.. also should be interesting to see which Mussina is around this season (my guess is the guy last year who was very hittable!!)

I'm guessing its gonna be a long season for me on a sox dominated forum :D

Good win last night, not great but dug it out. Yeah hoping for miracles from moose. If he gets hit like last year there's gonna be massive pressure on the kids and the pen.

Btw why don't yous just use the original player. Silverlight kept stopping on me so back to the original for me and plain sailing so far.

Can You switch back?? Where is that option??

Uninstall silverlight :)

I had to uninstall it on the laptop but on the desktop whenever i go to open a stream it says original or silverlight dunno why though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭WATPOAE

Great outing by Burnett and the Jays bullpen last night (although as per usual, they made it interesting down to the last out!). Nice to see Mr Wells belt one over the LF fence as well.

And yeah, I thought it was just my laptop that was giving me trouble with mlb.tv. I might do as Mad_Max suggested and uninstall Silverlight and go back to the original player.

yeah burnett was nasty last night. Him, hallady and mcgowan they have a pretty strong starting rotation.

Have any of you's been noticing a weird strikezones in games. I noticed some high balls getting called in yankees, tigers and mets games.

Mad_Max wrote: »
    yeah burnett was nasty last night. Him, hallady and mcgowan they have a pretty strong starting rotation.

Have any of you's been noticing a weird strikezones in games. I noticed some high balls getting called in yankees, tigers and mets games.

Frank Thomas has noticed ;)

in fairness he was right. like 3 pitches before that he got the exact same pitch called a ball.

Thought the strikezone was unbelievable last night. Some high some low very erratic. Decent outing by hughes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭WATPOAE

Well at least he took out his frustration on an actual baseball last night with his game breaking double!

Roll on the Tank!

Watched the whole game this morning...Another good pitching outing bar the one blip to Drew. May make for an interesting season yet....Love those retro jerseys....time to hit ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Great game last night - loving the Retro jerseys. Great to see Shannon Stewart back in blue, always a fave of mine. Marcum looked great and if the bats do what they're capable of, we'll be there at the finish with our pitching staff. I still reckon it's one of the best in MLB.

I don't have much confidence in the Sox bullpen. None of them (bar Papelbon) are that frightening IMHO. Delcarmen has good stuff and great numbers against Thomas, but I had an uneasy feeling when he came on last night-although to be fair it was the first 2 pitchers in that inning that took the L.

Marcum pitched very well. Wakefield as well, but there are always stages in a game where the ball gets away from him.

Hopefully JD Drew continues the HR habit that he developed this spring.

Interesting to see which Bucholz shows up this afternoon.

Interesting times in NYC as well! Although I will be hella surprised if the Yanks don't beat up on Ed Jackson today.

• Advertisement

Yeah last night was a disaster. Kennedy was being too picky with his pitches trying to catch the corners. Offense rallied a bit but Hawkins really blew it for us.

Yeah have to say jays starting 4 really seem strong, fitness reliant of course, but good stuff.

Edit: Check out Gomes' play in the top of the second :D:D

Advertisement