Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Mod

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Not really, just means I had to take him off my ignore list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Leave 6th alone, I hear he does plenty of good things. Like breath and eat.
    youtubestarchriscrockervi7.gif:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

madnirvana wrote: »
    how to become Boards.ie mod? :D
    Do what 6th did:

Propose a new forum every week, the more proposals you make, the greater the chance of one being approved and you being made a mod
    Attempt to moderate a forum without actually being the moderator, give out to people for being offtopic, don't forget to actually report the posts so the actual moderators can take action on it though.
    Go to a boards beers and give sneaky BJ's to the admins

The key word there is desperation.

Don't give up hope, as 6th as shown, if you're desperate enough for something, it will happen.:)

Or go down the normal route and do what Ruu said (the second part)

rb_ie wrote: »
    Don't give up hope, as 6th as shown, if you're desperate enough for something, it will happen.:)

If you seem a second example look at the fact rb has a girlfriend, ANYTHING is possible!

6th wrote: »
    If you seem a second example look at the fact rb has a girlfriend, ANYTHING is possible!
    I think the pure fact that you actually bred with someone shows that anything is possible.

Oh wait, it highlights that if you're desperate enough, it'll happen, yet again! Get it?

If you put this much time and energy, along with humiliating yourself on several occasions, into just being an internet mod, I'd imagine your OH was absolutely freaked out by your advances at the beginning.

"Come onnn, make me a mod your partner, come onnnnn....want a bj?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

So this has turned into a 6th-bashing thread. How original and amusing. If someone reeeally has a problem with 6th being a mod why haven't they started a feedback thread about it, instead of posting bitchy comments in someone else's thread.

OP, read Ruu's post. Being consistently helpful and making a strong positive contribution to the forum you are interested in is the only realistic way to become a mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

cornbb wrote: »
    So this has turned into a 6th-bashing thread. How original and amusing. If someone reeeally has a problem with 6th being a mod why haven't they started a feedback thread about it, instead of posting bitchy comments in someone else's thread.

OP, read Ruu's post. Being consistently helpful and making a strong positive contribution to the forum you are interested in is the only realistic way to become a mod.

What he said, now how about a nice catpic?truth.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

aggressivecat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

128371108123281250imvisiblecorn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some posters post just to be wacky/funny (such as Pighead). At least 6th contributes to boards.ie. Well imo anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

How bloody childish...

This thread should have ended with Ruu's summation of the request in the OP.

How bloody childish...

pretty funny tho.

Ok can we finish this with some people think I'm a dick and some people dont?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Cheers for the support WWM.
    I wouldn't take it personally 6th WWM enjoys insulting people with his keyboard.

GatheringYouCanDoIt.jpg

Please people ... this thread isnt about me.
    Ok can we finish this with some people think I'm a dick and some people dont?

...does..not...compute...

Oh I know, its not the first time and wont be the last either.

tbh, some posts were relevant to the topic, others where not. You're a clever bunny, I dont need to explain.

no mate, you don't ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

ShowYouPokemans.jpg

How bloody childish...

This thread should have ended with Ruu's summation of the request in the OP.
    Pffft, you'd have enjoyed it back when you were cool. Those were the days, Roundy, those were the days...

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote: »
    There is nothing glamorous about being a mod though whatever this lot will tell you. :/

Apart from the yearly Fashion Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Hey, I've still got...oh wait ;)*

On another note, congrats rb, you're this weeks most prolific poster. 286 to the next guys 220 (at last count).

* I stifled a LOL, even though the 6th thing is gone waaayy OT. Tell no one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The first rule of Fight Club is...

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

The first rule of Fight Club is...
    I don't know, nobody will talk to me about it. :(

On another note, congrats rb, you're this weeks most prolific poster. 286 to the next guys 220 (at last count).

I don't know whether to celebrate, or hang my head in shame :D

Your sekkrit is safe with me

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

hang your head in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

mousedebate.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Daddio wrote: »
    I wouldn't take it personally 6th WWM enjoys insulting people with his keyboard.

dont worry. theres nothing i dont say on these forums that i wouldnt say to anyones face.

*nice*

• Registered Users Posts: 65,431 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

actually, i tend to pick or ask someone else to nominate new mods for any of the forums under the Rec and Biz catagories

Perhaps in other areas but not in the Motors section - one of the busiest sections of boards.ie, sometimes even the busiest one. We usually skip the middle man and talk to the MD directly :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement