Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need new jeans

• 24-03-2008 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

i've come to the conclusion i need a couple of new pairs of jeans.

i'm lucky enough to work in a place that doesn't care what you wear at work but also has a lot of suits and smart casual dressers around and i'd prefer not to go into work in my normal casual jeans.

i feel most comfortable in jeans and mainly wear American eagle jeans (at €20 euro a pop in boston i couldn't say no).

i'd like to get some kind of dressier jeans if that makes sense with no bleach effects or ripped to bits look.

can anyone recommend some places to try out, it's been like 2 years since i bought a pair of jeans in ireland and wouldn't have the faintest idea of where to try out. i'm willing to pay top dollar too but would be a bonus if i didn't have to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Not a big fan of the shop but bought my favourite pair of jeans in years the other day in River Island. Dark navyish jeans, cut was just right, slightly baggy but more fitted than anything else and the length stops just in the middle of your heels so they dont drag on you. Look great with a black polo and for something a bit more formal. Absolutely worth trying on next time you're on

Cant link the photo cos the website is weird but www.riverisland.com then Mens/ Jeans / Page 6, first on the left. Picture doesnt do them justice IMO. Also Page 5 2nd from right.

No rips, no hanging around your runners and torn to shreds, give em a go. Wear them with either all white plimsoles IMO, will emphasise the jeans a lot better. RI sells all white high tops too, worth a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cheers speedboat, i should of mentioned though i'm of weird leg length.

30" make me look like i have my jeans waist around my armpits and 32" drag unbelievably with the runners i wear to work (onitsuka tigers), i like the idea of plimsoles but the jeans would no doubt drag. i'll go in and try anyways no point me asking for advice then not following up on it.

i would get away with 32"'s with the hightops and might be a look to look into for non work wear.

cheers!

*edit* i used their store locator on their site and noticed they have a shop in dundrum (total news to me) but only list a telephone number for the womens section, do they have a mens section there too as dundrum is only 10 minutes away from me.

Ah im fairly sure theyve a mens section in every store so wouldn't be a problem. I usually wear a 32" waist but the pair I got were a W30" and L32" and they look sweet with the high tops, with the jeans over the tongue tho obv! Perhaps they would drag with plimsoles and I just havent noticed cos I'm wearing the high tops but in any case, with the jeans over the tongue they look like plimsoles anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Pretty sure there's no gents section in RI in Dundrum, Liffey Valley does.

As for 'work' jeans, check the Tommy and Hugo shops in Dundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I have the opposite prob 34" length jeans are too short on me.

I wear mainly firetrap and french connection, try arnotts. I have others and my personal favs are my rock and republic jeans I got in NY.

You should try g-star in Dundrum their jeans look good on shorter guys imo.

• Advertisement

isn't g-star plastered with like white crap on their jeans and G-star written across the ass like them knackery tracksuit bottoms?

actually just looking on their website they seem ok, i'm not too sure about the rolling the jeans up to your knees and the sandals with socks (see attachment)

i shall check them out along with tommy and hugo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Arnotts have a pretty good jeans section.

G-Star are GREAT for the casual look, but as most of their stuff s pretty baggy I wouldnt say itd work for a more formal look. You could wear them to the pub and or round abouts but not really if you're heading out you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Yup I would recommend G Star too, but with the caveat that they might be a bit too casual for what you are looking for. Diesel can have some quite formal jeans, but the shapes means you can have to try on several pairs to find one that suits (and I only thought that girls had to do that!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I really like the new A-wear range of denim, loads of sizes, lengths and best of all, loads of shades! I bought three pairs already because once I find a style I like, I stick to it!;)

Oh, and they're €35 a pop, which is the best part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'd be a Jack & Jones man when it comes to jeans. Their waist 32's are perfect for me and they do some really nice boot cut ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

+1 for firetrap stuff. Have loads of their gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

go for diesel jeans tbh they're great

Those Tommy jeans looks alright in the pics, but the pics with models wearing them look awful IMO. Go for Diesel like the man above says, and I hope we're not talking about "Diesel" :D

where would one get proper diesel jeans ie not from that store just off grafton street.

i went to dundrum today after work, my god the place is so good at 4 o clock, it's like a ghost town, you don't need sunglasses to shield your eyes from the orange glow of tan.

i was in a fairly big rush as i didn't want to hit rush hour traffic so i stopped by g-star, within 30 seconds i fell in love with a pair of jeans and got them. not really work jeans but hey i aint complaining.

i'll try the places in town over the weekend it's just it's hard with work to get into dublin and not feel tired after work.

Cremo wrote: »
    where would one get proper diesel jeans ie not from that store just off grafton street.

i went to dundrum today after work, my god the place is so good at 4 o clock, it's like a ghost town, you don't need sunglasses to shield your eyes from the orange glow of tan.

i was in a fairly big rush as i didn't want to hit rush hour traffic so i stopped by g-star, within 30 seconds i fell in love with a pair of jeans and got them. not really work jeans but hey i aint complaining.

i'll try the places in town over the weekend it's just it's hard with work to get into dublin and not feel tired after work.

You'll get Diesel in BT2 or Genius (beside G-Star on mezzanine) in Dundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Evisu jeans are amazing. They are very rare in Ireland (plus they cost a fortune) but they are the best jeans on the market IMO. The only places that I am aware of that sells them is Frewen & Aylward in Dún Laoghaire.

You are having a laugh. Evisu are shocking

envisu-5.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well, to be fair, they don't all look like that.

• Advertisement

Yeah every single pair of jeans they make are shocking :rolleyes:

Name any brand of jeans and I'll post up a picture of their worst style.

That was from the first page of google images when I searched Evisu, I wasn't being unbiased. Here's a few more from the first page. You may be able to find the WORST ever Levis, Diesel etc, but the first page of a google image search won't contain these jokers

evisu-3.jpg

evisu_nay_jeans.jpg

C200713023361062557_jean_evisu_seven_red_monkey.jpg

What can I say, the Japanese are into some really crazy sh*t :D

I have a few pairs of Evisu jeans (with no paint or crap on them) and they are the best fitting jeans I have ever owned and their denim quality is second to none. But then again for the price they would want to be ;)

d0cd_1_sbl.JPG

d48b_1_sbl.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

You could try Replay in Dundrum, it's opposite G-Starr iirc. The jeans in there are quite plain so they fit your description. You have to try on a few pairs though as a lot are shockingly skinny which I can't stand but there are some that fit nicely.

Tommy Hilfiger jeans are pretty crap imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭cas91

The majority of jeans in topshop come without any sort of frays or holes and also are a very good fit! if you tried the big one off Grafton Street... I'm sure you wouldn't come out empty handed??

What jeans did you get in the end Cremo? Amazing how little things like this become life and death on boards :D

What jeans did you get in the end Cremo? Amazing how little things like this become life and death on boards :D
    i got two nice pairs in river island which will suit for work, not too baggy and not too skinny.

i also got the g-star ones i mentioned earlier which will be more casual. didn't buy any shoes as i hadn't got paid when i was shopping.

Good work

BUSH-thumbs-up-3-19-5-with--thumb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

Energie are the best jeans on the market... also for cheaper hard to beat top shop or river island....

Also fond of the G Star...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

Fake London are also pricey, some poor but some class pairs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tommy jeans FTW.. They are expensive enough here but find your size by trying on a few pairs in store and then order them on ebay from the states for 50 dollars a pop incl delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

dave_brent wrote: »
    Energie are the best jeans on the market...

Really wished they called them Mr. Sixty's :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Gant have a good selection of jeans - especially if you don't want them baggy/ripped etc.
    Lacoste jeans are also worth the price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

awear jeans are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Can anyone tell where i'd find Replay jeans on sale in Dublin? Tried Arnotts and BT2 but no luck in either...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

I have gone off buying jeans in the last while. Finding sizes not great on even the most expensive jeans - either a real slim fit or too baggy/wide. Have started buying trousers for going out. I find they look smart and all the comments I have received so far have been positive. I personally love grey trousers and brown shoes as I think it's a great look.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Goin90

Used to be a fan of the whole baggy jeans thing but I have started to lean towards more fitted jeans now. Have a few pairs but none fit properly. Just wondering would anybody know where I could get a pair of W32" L28"?

Advertisement