Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit of a puzzlement...

Options
  • 24-03-2008 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I have a bit of a problem that I've been pondering over for a while, and I thought I'd get some input, to see if I'm being silly about it.

I've been getting piercings for a bit over a year now, and I've always gone to the same piercer. Back in September, I mentioned my "ear project" to him, if it can be called that - basically I wanted to get seven piercings up the rim of my ear, lobe to very top, and put rainbow jewellery in them.

He thought it sounded cool, and there before Christmas I got my first 'proper' ear piercings - lobes not done with a gun. It was hard to tell if they were spaced out right with only two piercings in each ear, and I trusted the piercer already, so I went back to him to get the next set of lobes done about three weeks ago.

Now that the swelling's all gone, I can see that he's put them WAY to close together - I'll be able to fit 11 or 12 piercings onto my rim if he keeps them the same distance apart.

I don't really mind so much in relation to the rainbow idea, as I've discovered I'm not so much of a fan of the jewelled bars, but the idea that he'd place them too close together so I'd have to get more piercings, earning him more money, worries me a little.

What would you do in this situation? Should I forgive and forget? Should I take them out and start again? Should I confront him about it? Should I keep going with the spacing the way it is, but go to another piercer for the ones after seven?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

did you remind the piercer about having 7 piercings?
    The piercer should have consulted you on the placement first in my opinion to see if you were happy with it.

Probably just an innocent mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I'd go with the innocent mistake too, unless you have other reasons to doubt him/her.

Like Wilburt said if your going for 7 over a the length of you ear then you should have marked all 7 and not just the first 2 when doing the first 2. It's an easy mistake to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Agreed, he was probably thought you wanted them close together seeing as you were going for the rainbow effect, I'd also have thought you'd want them right beside one another to maximize the effect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

as to reitorate all the above points, the piercer would have "plotted" where he/she was gonna pierce, asked you what you thought and considdering your pierced then i imagine you agreed...

live and learn chick, i would say let it go, like it could be worse, could have been a tattoo...

my "friend" got a tattoo of a fairy on her back, the tattoo artist thought it'd look better with a red boarder and just did it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Thanks for the replies everyone, I did think I was just being silly, but I wanted to see what other people thought. So yes, it is confirmed - silly :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Why not take the opportunity to replan what you want, possibly take one of the too-close ones out and let it heal up and get it redone at the spacing you want, or go with something different?

Advertisement