Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate: Ark of Truth Quality Viewing

• 24-03-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭

I just finished watching Ark of truth on Sky One whilst I just have to say that it was very enjoyable viewing and if that is the quality and standard of Stargate SG-1 direct to dvd I look forward to seeing future adventures.
    Had they been given another season then the story arc that would have evolved would have been very good.

After watching Ark of Truth I can see how the direct to dvd format can give the producers advantages when it comes to shooting.

Stargate has always in my view had high standards when it comes to CGI and this still remains in the new format.

All I can say is bring on Stargate: Continuum
    :):):):):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Cool! Really cant wait to see it now! (have to wait till tomorrow 8P Sky two)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

I recorded it and the last hour and a half of The Colour of Magic which was on before it because we went to see *"In Bruges" at 6.40

We got back in around 9pm and I switched over to Sky to see a bit of it, only to see Mitchell and then a spider-shape coming into shot.

"Oh no" I thought "It's a ****ing Replicator" Then I reminded myself that its only the human-form replicators, more specifically the Ass-urans from Atlantis, especially O-bore-oth that are s***e.

I then turned over to another channel b/c I was recording SG anyway and would watch it tomorrow, which is now today because I waited until today to watch it.

Oh, and Saturday, after next, I'll be on the sets of SG1 (well, what's left of them, the SGC is still standing) and Atlantis

*Oh and by the way, "In Bruges" ****ing hilarious movie.

Quote below:
    "Maybe if I grew up on a farm and was retarded I'd be impressed by Bruges, but I didn't and I'm not so I amn't"

"I heet the Canadian, what the ****'s that supposed to mean"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Demonique wrote: »
    Oh, and Saturday, after next, I'll be on the sets of SG1 (well, what's left of them, the SGC is still standing) and Atlantis
    :eek: How did you manage to get that?! Are you friends with Hammond?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Well caught it yesterday. Good enough, but I think the Ori storyline, something I view as kind of a flat Goa'uld thing, wasn't as good as the on ship (was it Apollo or Oddessy, not sure) was better. Funny, fairly threatening, plus a new Replicator trick. Plus Mitchell really carries things well.

Nice end with Morgan and Adria going head to head though, plus, great last line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Demonique: REVEAL YOUR SECRETS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

So where is Jack O'Neil these days also what happened last I saw they were all on a ship that they froze in time.

ixoy wrote: »
    :eek: How did you manage to get that?! Are you friends with Hammond?!

There's a Stargate convention in Vancouver around this time every year, tickets include set tours. Apparently this year, both Dan Shea (Siler) and Gary Jones (Walter) will be on the sets in costume during the set tours.

Convention is quite expensive, the cheapest tickets that include set tours are US$499, also includes autographs

You can buy tickets for the set tours on their own but they're US$279

Creation Entertainment is running them, but the set tours are the only real reason to do this convention as the company are rip-off merchants. Cheapest tickets overall are US$199, but that doesn't include autographs or set tours.

Oh, and certain Stargate actors won't do Creation, David Hewlitt did one, not interested in doing another. Aaron Douglas (he played at least on character in 'gate, he's currently Chief Tyrol in BSG) told the audience at another convention "DONT do Creation", he then turned to the camera and said "I hope you go out of business"

Apparently, GateCon (gatecon.com) are a lot better. Their cheapest tickets are UK£135, but they include autographs and they have ONE THING (or rather person) that Creation will never have, Richard Dean Anderson.

I'm hoping to go to Gatecon as well (actually bought my ticket), but I'm going to need to get a summer job to pay for my accomodation over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sweet as a nut Demonique, take lots of pictures for us please!!

Unfortunately, everyone has to sign a disclaimer saying that they won't make the set pictures public. (I suppose that means I'll have to put them in a private gallery on photobucket and people will have to PM me for the password)

I can upload pictures of the convention itself tho, last year Rachel Luttrell did a demonstration of the fighting sticks, she said something along the lines "I better pull up my dress or they (the sticks) won't the be only things twirling"

Oh, and there was also a cabaret last year which included Rachel singing, a stunt show by James "Bam Bam" Bamford and an innuendo-laced Stargate piece starring Don S Davies and a member of the audience as Sam which was written by Don S Davies.

Don was really good, Andee Frizzell was good as well, in fact everyone last year was good.

Michael Shanks said Claudia Black played a lot of the scene in the Atlantis briefing room in The Pegasus Project with her hand on her cheek starring at Joe Flanigan.
    In a break from filming Ben Browder said to him, "She really is a hussy, isn't she?"

That sucks a bit but i'd defo be interested in seeing them please & thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Morgan? Adria? Put your hands together ... oh yeah

Anyway whats this Stargate Continium?

Grimes wrote: »
    Anyway whats this Stargate Continiuum?
    **SPOILERS** The second movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well that was ****.

I almost don't know where to begin but first things first, I'm heading over to play.com to click that 'cancel pre-order' button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I dont know i thought it was ok a rather decent super weapon (again) fueled ending to a disapointing plot for the last 2? years of stargate sg1 easly the worst in the shows run...I now hope they the writers get on with building ships and haveing a "normal" war free of cheesy mythical figure built super weapons of doom its not like stargate command lack's the technology for a stand up war now with just about anyone.

Also whats up with earth being the most populated planet in the fecking galaxy that doesnt seem right.

Advertisement