Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sitting Test - Structural Damage to car...

Options
  • 24-03-2008 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

I have applied for my test and judging by waiting times expect to be called for it some time in May. I currently drive my girlfriends old car, but there is damage done to the right front wing which needs to be replaced. Long story short I am getting quotations for more than the car is worth to fix it (97 Fiesta, apparently the wings are welded on, not bolted). Will probably trade it in and get a different car this summer as the cheapest quote I got to fix it was 900 euro :eek:. I asked in one garage out of interest and he said he'd give me at least 900 trade in if I bought a car for over 6k.

Anyway, just wondering am I allowed to sit the test in a car that has structural damage such as this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

As far as I know, if it won't pass the NCT then its not fit for the test. You could chance it but if he does notice it theres a very high probability he won't sit into the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I passed with cosmetic damage. Rear quarter panel was wiped out.

Advertisement