Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR-Pre order = beta slip at gamestop

Options
  • 24-03-2008 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Ive been reading when you pre order war
    at gamestop you get a slip with a beta code
    and link to the client !

Anyone know if there doing this here yet
    im not sure if this is only in america and
    i still havent found out if it only applies
    to special addition pre orders.

Anyone know we can get a beta slip here yet
    if you pre order at gamestop ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I have seen images of the german slips onlne so must be around europe to some degree. But this was a massive slip up, the rumours go that the pre-order campaign will be announced on wednesday at an event in Paris, maybe pre-orders available after. Havent gotten a chance to check my local GS but its small and doubt it will have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Interesting...

I'm in florida right now but I'm returning home on wednesday morning...

I know where there is a Gamestop nearby too...

Think its worthwhile for me to pre-order a copy over here and give a bogus address or something...

I'll never pick the game up and I'll give correct phone numbers and email and stuff so when or if they contact me I'll just say I was deported...

Brainstorm people... clock is ticking and I can maybe get an extra key or two

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Rang two Gamestop shops and they dont have it on their system yet or have heard of it.

I'm not saying it isn't true or anything, just that it might be a bit soon for the regular Gamestop shops to know anything about it.

You know, Fair play to the whole WAR Team, they have really kept this whole Game\Beta process really quite secretive, which is a hard thing to do these days.

Dont get me wrong, I hate them for it but its a very Respectful Hate ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

I know a site with loads of beta info but you mite ban me if i link
    has some beta reviews from leakers on it and some videos
    tiz interesting what some people are saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

could you pm me the link please m8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I know a site with loads of beta info but you mite ban me if i link
    has some beta reviews from leakers on it and some videos
    tiz interesting what some people are saying

Why on earth would you be banned from boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

He might have a rare form of tourettes that means he can't post links without calling you a c*nt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I preordered my copy today on Play.com .. w00t

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ive been reading when you pre order war
    at gamestop you get a slip with a beta code
    and link to the client !

Anyone know if there doing this here yet
    im not sure if this is only in america and
    i still havent found out if it only applies
    to special addition pre orders.

Anyone know we can get a beta slip here yet
    if you pre order at gamestop ?

The beta access is for the later open beta, not the current closed beta.

Game lists it for pre-order but it's not clear if it's a normal pre-order or the specific pre-order package and goodies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

I pre-ordered mine from play.com today.

Use IDEAL97TF3 to get £5 (€7.50) off. Expiry: 12/04/2008

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

To the guys who pre ordered off Play.com (UK)

Did you have to provide a UK billing address?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Only if you order in Sterling. If you change the price marker to Euros it accepts addresses here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

I got my CE preorder from play.com
    i think you only get into the beta if you got the collectors edition and you get a 5 day head start when the game goes live wooo and 12 exsclusive heads :eek:
    if you orderd of play.com you will get your beta invite when the next beta phase starts i think !

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Picked up my pre-order box from gamestop in mullingar today. €14.99 and it comes with the beta key's and details on how to avail of all of the bits.

Still gonna buy the collectors edition I've pre-ordered from play aswell cause I'm greedy!! :D

edit: just a note to the mods of boards... why am I seeing everyone marked as moderator under there name? me thinks something is broken!

Probly for april fools day lol

zekiel wrote: »
    Picked up my pre-order box from gamestop in mullingar today. €14.99 and it comes with the beta key's and details on how to avail of all of the bits.

Still gonna buy the collectors edition I've pre-ordered from play aswell cause I'm greedy!! :D

edit: just a note to the mods of boards... why am I seeing everyone marked as moderator under there name? me thinks something is broken!

So you've pre-ordered, and you get the beta keys n ****.

You dont have to buy the game there now do you? heh

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Went in paid €14.99 got my little skinny DVD box warhammer pre-order pack.. comes with the beta key and details on the items you get and where to go to get them when its all setup and available. no its not a joke..

Ring gamestop in mullingar if you dont believe me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Play.com have now altered their CE page to say they'll only send it to UK billing addresses.

zekiel wrote: »
    Went in paid €14.99 got my little skinny DVD box warhammer pre-order pack.. comes with the beta key and details on the items you get and where to go to get them when its all setup and available. no its not a joke..

Ring gamestop in mullingar if you dont believe me.

Ditto. I got mine at the one in Dun Laoghaire.

• Advertisement

Ditto. I got mine at the one in Dun Laoghaire.

What's the process with Gamestop to convert the pre-order into a full CE at release?

I asked the guy in the shop if I needed to leave contact details, and he said no, so I'm guessing I'll just bring the pre-order box along with me when the time comes to pick up the full release, to prove I have an actual pre order.

I expect I'll sort out the actual details closer to the release date.

Edit - I can take a wander in tomorrow and ask, the shop is 5 minutes from where I work.

I cancelled my play.com preorder since I doubt they were going to honour it. I got one of the pre-order packs from Gamestop. When asked about the final release they didn't know and admitted their billing system didn't list the final release edition yet. They said to check back this Friday when they should have an answer.

Just did the same, hope I can get a preorder one now.

Just did the same, hope I can get a preorder one now.

They still had 5 on the shelf when I was in the Henry Street one this morning, though the guy at the counter commented that he thought it was going to be big already.

I just checked Play.com and on the page for the Collectors Edition, it now says it's available for people with UK or Eire billing addresses, so it looks like they still ship over here.

I also notice that it doesn't say if you get a months free subscription to the game, which I thought was pretty much a standard for MMORPG's these days.

Anyone know where you enter the open beta codes once you have them?

I've been signed up on the war-europe site for ages, but looking at my account there I can't see any way to enter the beta codes. Am I overlooking something, or do I need to sign up elsewhere?

https://betacenter.eamythic.com/login.php

That site maybe?

Well they say the beta won't start till may at least, so they probably don't have anywhere to enter them yet.

Anyone know where you enter the open beta codes once you have them?

I've been signed up on the war-europe site for ages, but looking at my account there I can't see any way to enter the beta codes. Am I overlooking something, or do I need to sign up elsewhere?

https://betacenter.eamythic.com/login.php

That site maybe?

That site is for the US beta, they won't ever work there. The EU version only allows access to the EU servers, and similarly for the US edition.

• Advertisement

Found this on the European site:
    Q: Where can I activate the three codes I received in my pre-order pack?
    A: The three codes sent as part of the pre-order (access to open beta, headstart on live servers and the bonus ingame item) can be activated closer to the time for the open beta on the account management section of the site. We will inform you via the news when this section of the site is available.

Advertisement