Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR-Pre order = beta slip at gamestop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Ah, I must have missed that. Okay, cheers.

Edit - Just seen that Play have changed their mind again, and are now shipping the CE to UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

I think I'll pop down to gamestop in the morn and get this.

Open beta means anyone can join yeh? So I guess the beta key isnt that significant.. it just sounds nice.

Fall 2008.. seems too far awway :(

Fallout3 and WAR. Not nice. :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KoKane wrote: »
    I think I'll pop down to gamestop in the morn and get this.

Open beta means anyone can join yeh? So I guess the beta key isnt that significant.. it just sounds nice.

Open beta in this case means no NDA rather than open to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

Play.com have changed it AGAIN they are now delivering to the UK and EIRE only !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

heh, I wonder if someone showed them this thread :p

• Advertisement

One thing I heard was that there may not be an open beta in the sense of download the client and off you go. It may be that only those with the CE beta codes will get that open beta stage access.

Not sure if that will be the case or not, but its the current rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I assumed that that's exactly what it will be. There'll be plenty of places to get the codes, but you'll still have to have one to get access.

I wonder if there will be an open beta in the sense we see a lot of these days, where you can just download the client and log on. Maybe the last minute stress test of the servers, to see if it will handle however many hundred thousand you get on an open beta these days?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I wonder if there will be an open beta in the sense we see a lot of these days, where you can just download the client and log on. Maybe the last minute stress test of the servers, to see if it will handle however many hundred thousand you get on an open beta these days?

The CE's and their pre-orders are limited to 55000 for Europe, so if they want more testers than that it can't be restricted to pre-order people only.

The stress test could be separate to the rest of the open beta though, that was what I was suggesting. There could be, for sake of arguement, a month long open beta, then a weekend of stress testing, at which point everyone and their dog can download the client and give it a try, hopefully then prompting them to go out and buy the normal edition and sign up to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

I remeber I played an Alpha version of WAR at Comic Con in Sand Diego last summer.

I was great fun being a Ork Choppa beating up Drawf engineers.

I could'nt really get into it cause there were a load of Uber Geeks on my team giving out to me cause I wasnt as L337 as them.

But the Dev team were nice explaining how different issues were going to be addressed.

I liked WOW but I loved playing AC on Darktide. I Love PVP and I can't wait to see how WAR turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

No idea on a stress test but the open beta just means the NDA will be lifted so info and vids on the game are "open" for all to see. Will still be invitation only but will be much looser than the current closed beta on who gets in.

I hope, I need to play this game as soon as possible. Any word on the next convention near Ireland WAR will be at?

Exar Khun wrote: »
    I remeber I played an Alpha version of WAR at Comic Con in Sand Diego last summer.

I was great fun being a Ork Choppa beating up Drawf engineers.

I could'nt really get into it cause there were a load of Uber Geeks on my team giving out to me cause I wasnt as L337 as them.

But the Dev team were nice explaining how different issues were going to be addressed.

I liked WOW but I loved playing AC on Darktide. I Love PVP and I can't wait to see how WAR turns out.

I'm the same.
    If its not got life sapping PvP, then its going back on the shelf.

Be sure to contact me when its released, and we shall rox whatever server is lucky enough to have us.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

For sure Man.

I remember my first proper introduction to Pvp in AC. I was in a group (10-20) of low lvl people new to the game who used to hang round a outpost away from town and all the high lvlers. Every once in a while we would swarm a mid lvl guy in the hope we would pillage what ever gear he dropped. Worked for about 3 days and I got some loot but then the high lvl's in town realised what was going and 2 of them came an killed us all. The Horror... the horror....

Best fun I ever had gettting own'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

It's all on their site. You do get an open beta key with your pre-order, they just haven't set a date for it yet. And you're right it is open as in no NDA, rather than every man and his dog. Don't know about stress tests HH, it seems unlikely but you never know ;)

You guys know that GOA (who have the European licence for WAR) are here in Dublin right? They're hiring too :D

After a ****ty morning, I decided to drop by my local gamestop and ask for the pre order pack..

"uh... no, never heard of it... "

Went across to HMV.. "yeh just let me get your name and number etc... ok grand thanks"
    "Eh, isnt there a preorder pack I get with that yeh?"
    "oh... no, dont think so. Sorry."

With traffic lights out, crazy drivers and suicidal pedestrians.... I think I'm just about ready to commit my very first murder. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Gamestop off henry street have them for sure for 14.99 or something.

KoKane wrote: »
    After a ****ty morning, I decided to drop by my local gamestop and ask for the pre order pack..

"uh... no, never heard of it... "

Went across to HMV.. "yeh just let me get your name and number etc... ok grand thanks"
    "Eh, isnt there a preorder pack I get with that yeh?"
    "oh... no, dont think so. Sorry."

With traffic lights out, crazy drivers and suicidal pedestrians.... I think I'm just about ready to commit my very first murder. :mad:

HMV are the retail partner for the UK, it's Gamestop in Ireland. Online it's play.com for both the UK and Ireland.

If you still can't find one, drop me a PM and I'll check the shop I got mine on Monday to see if they have any more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was in Gamestop on Henry St. yesterday and they had at least one copy anyway. €14.99. I decided not to get it, as i dont think i want to play the Beta. I'm going to hold off for the full release i think.

• Advertisement

My tragic story has a happy ending!

Beta invite via email.

schweeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is it possible to get into the beta at this late stage ?

Tusky wrote: »
    Is it possible to get into the beta at this late stage ?

Possible, but as to how likely is another thing. People are being added all the time but with nearly three quarters of a million applicants, the odds are stacked against you.

Apparently they periodically add more people to the beta, and when the Guild testing phase comes up there will be more again. Unfortunately I've no idea what criteria they use for determining who gets in and who doesn't. I've been signed up since pretty much day 1 myself, and still no invite.

I keep seeing release dates of 6th of June for Europe. That cant be right surely ?

Also, can anyone confirm that if you preorder you get into the beta ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Per-ordering the collectors editions gets you into the open beta.

I keep seeing release dates of 6th of June for Europe. That cant be right surely ?

That was probably the original date they were aiming for, before it got pushed back. End of September seems to be the current best guess I heard.

The open beta, yes. We're still in the closed beta stage.

When does the open beta begin and how much does it cost to preorder ? Also, can I cancel my preorder or do I have to stick to it ?

• Advertisement

The preorder of the collectors edition cost me 15 euros. The full collectors edition weighs in around 85, but it comes with a lot of stuff. Not sure what the deal is with cancelling it.

No one really knows when the open beta will be. Estimates are anywhere from 1-3 months before the game goes live.

Advertisement