Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR-Pre order = beta slip at gamestop

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The preorder of the collectors edition cost me 15 euros. The full collectors edition weighs in around 85, but it comes with a lot of stuff. Not sure what the deal is with cancelling it.

No one really knows when the open beta will be. Estimates are anywhere from 1-3 months before the game goes live.

Thats pretty hefty. Id only preorder if I knew I could cancel if I didnt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I suppose the best option would be to ask in the shop. I suppose if you do get the pre order pack and don't like it, you simply don't go back and get the CE when it comes out. I can't speak for anyone else, but I never had to give any contact details when I bought my pre order.

I suppose the best option would be to ask in the shop. I suppose if you do get the pre order pack and don't like it, you simply don't go back and get the CE when it comes out. I can't speak for anyone else, but I never had to give any contact details when I bought my pre order.

It would still be 15 euro though.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

On WAR europe - here

Still haven't received mine yet though.

bubonicus wrote: »
    On WAR europe - here

Still haven't received mine yet though.

If you preorder in HMV or GAME will they give you a code ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Tusky wrote: »
    If you preorder in HMV or GAME will they give you a code ?
    I pre-ordered in GameStop ages ago and you get a pre-order pack, that's just an empty thin dvd case with the codes in it.

humanji wrote: »
    I pre-ordered in GameStop ages ago and you get a pre-order pack, that's just an empty thin dvd case with the codes in it.

So you are in the beta now ?

:( just got this

but still I'm :)....

Dear Customer,

We are writing to you in reference to your recent order for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

It has come to our attention that some websites are reporting that play.com have sent out the beta access codes. Unfortunately this is incorrect, however we are due to send out our beta access codes soon and we estimate that they should be with you within 7-10 days. The Warhammer Online beta has yet to start and we will be sending the codes shortly so that they will be there in time for access to the beta when it opens.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Play.com

Tusky wrote: »
    So you are in the beta now ?
    Don't think it's started yet. The website is a joke, IMO. It just crashes or fails to load key parts (like buttons) or just leads me to the wrong page. So I haven't been able to figure it out. :)

Those codes are for the open beta, which hasn't started yet (to my knowledge).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

bubonicus wrote: »
    :( just got this

but still I'm :)....

Dear Customer,

We are writing to you in reference to your recent order for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

It has come to our attention that some websites are reporting that play.com have sent out the beta access codes. Unfortunately this is incorrect, however we are due to send out our beta access codes soon and we estimate that they should be with you within 7-10 days. The Warhammer Online beta has yet to start and we will be sending the codes shortly so that they will be there in time for access to the beta when it opens.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Play.com

Play are shít.

That is all.

This has been a public service announcement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ivan wrote: »
    Play are shít.

That is all.

This has been a public service announcement.

They sent me that same email even though I cancelled the order once they began randomly changing where they would and wouldn't send it to.

Spear wrote: »
    They sent me that same email even though I cancelled the order once they began randomly changing where they would and wouldn't send it to.

Ditto.

And when you try mailing them back you get a message that that mailbox is unattended.

I remember going hunting, and finding a contact email address for play is next to impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

humanji wrote: »
    Don't think it's started yet. The website is a joke, IMO. It just crashes or fails to load key parts (like buttons) or just leads me to the wrong page. So I haven't been able to figure it out. :)

I was offered a GM QA job working on the beta, but I couldnt commit to a 7 month contract :(

Its been going on quite a while now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

TomCo wrote: »
    I was offered a GM QA job working on the beta, but I couldnt commit to a 7 month contract :(

Its been going on quite a while now.

I interviewed there as well, but got turned down.

That was the closed Beta, wasn't it? Sure they haven't even started the guild beta yet, and that's meant to come before the open beta.

Received my Play.com pre-order pack in the post yesterday...how long till the open beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I got mine from play.com in the post today !!!! yayyyyyyy wonder when open begins tho hmm

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I know a site with loads of beta info but you mite ban me if i link
    has some beta reviews from leakers on it and some videos
    tiz interesting what some people are saying

I don't see why you shouldn't post a link to this site (assuming there's no illegal material there).

Sure, the people who posted their opinions and comments might be in breach of their NDA but I haven't signed any such document nor has Boards.ie

Advertisement