Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting Help

Options
  • 24-03-2008 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi

Not sure if I'm allowed talk about this here but I'll try anyway.

I have signed up to webhosst.ie and now I'm trying to get my site online.

I've designed my site using Visual Studio and I used C#, ASP and a
    MySQL database.

I have now uploaded my pages to the site but they don't seem to work at all.

Could someone who used them before possibly tell me if I need to change any code or something to get it working?

Also do you know where I can find my database on my computer to be able to upload it to the site.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I would say there is a holding page sitting on it that has precedance over whatever you put up. For example an index.htm, you prob have index.asp but the index.htm is getting precedance. If you rename or remove it this should solve the problem assuming this is the issue. If you want to post the domain it might be easier to say whats wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

Yeah the domain is http://www.studentrooms.ie.

There is a holding page there alright but do i need to rename my homepage to index.asp - or does it have to be htm?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Can you have more insight into the actual problem!

What exactly is going wrong - If you think its a host issue then get in contact with the host. This thread will not last long - Aidan will be here soon.

As for getting SQL DB's off your local host, do a SQL dump to file and then import it via PhPMyAdmin or what ever Webhost.ie has to interface with the DBs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

These queries may be better answered by contacting their support team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement