Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf GT TDi

Options
  • 25-03-2008 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Anyone know how to tell whether a Mk5 Golf GT 2.0 TDi is 140bhp or 170bhp ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

The bhp should be under the carpet in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The MK5 2.0 140 bhp is not a GT the 170 bhp tdi is badged as a GT and has a different grille and trim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

tossy wrote: »
    The MK5 2.0 140 bhp is not a GT the 170 bhp tdi is badged as a GT and has a different grille and trim.

You're wrong there ted.

http://www.volkswagen.ie/Configurator/index.cfm?fuseaction=vw.Variant&modelID=281&bodyID=4275

Explain 25 through 28 so.

Not all GTs are badged as GTs either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

You can buy a 1.9 TDI 105 badged as a GT in spain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

maidhc wrote: »
    You can buy a 1.9 TDI 105 badged as a GT in spain!

And also here. The 1.9 GT TDI is a 105...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

VW have started using the red letters again afaik, on the Passat anyway. So the 170BHP should have a red "i" in the badge on the boot to my knowledge.

Eg:
    blackwaterPASSIL326.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

What i should have said is that my above statement is true until the itish dealers got their hands on them!

The UK dealers led the way with the infamous MK4 GT TDIs now the irish dealers are following heir trend badging 140bhp and 105bhp TDI's as GTs its a joke!

THe only True (diesel) GT is the 170 bhp version in the MK5.

I used to care passionately about this subject when i was still driving a Diesel golf and people would ask me "is she a GT TDI",my stock answer was whats a GT TDI?

And ill still ask it of the MK4 golf,whats a GT TDI?

But im back to petrol now and i couldnt care less honest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

What i should have said is that my above statement is true until the itish dealers got their hands on them!

The UK dealers led the way with the infamous MK4 GT TDIs now the irish dealers are following heir trend badging 140bhp and 105bhp TDI's as GTs its a joke!

An even bigger joke is the gorgeous white GT my local dealer had - nearly choked on my cornflakes when I enquired and found out it was the 80bhp 1.4!!!!

That really is taking the piss. At a minimum I could live with the 140/170bhp diesels having the GT badge but the fact that every other 08 1.4/1.9TDI has a GT badge with paltry 80/105 bhp figures is typical of VAG's cynical marketing...

And I'd be doubley pissed off if i'd shelled out for a real GT ar even a GTi - the 'moostache' nose is now common-as-muck:mad:...

Advertisement