Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~€400 protools interfaces

Options
  • 25-03-2008 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

is there anything around in this pricetag that would have min 4 1/4in ins and outs with 1 xlr in and a midi i/o? also must have 64bit drivers available

my current card doesnt support 64 bit on xp or vista particularly well and i want to bump up to 8gb ram in the near future, so im looking around a few possibilities

a protools compatible card would be preferable, but if theres nothing around for that price ill probably go for the presonus firefly if anyone has any experience with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Most of the M-Audio stuff works with Pro Tools M-Powered, which is the same as Pro Tools LE. You'd probably be looking at a Firewire 810 or something like that.

How about a Delta 10/10 and something like a little DBX Mic Pre-Amp. That would get you in for around €400 if you looked around. (oops! dunno if you'd get the Pro Tools Application for that thought)

Not sure aboutthe 64 bit thing though.

Advertisement