Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone in galway handy at solderin ?

Options
  • 25-03-2008 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

hey guys thinking of doing this simple solder on my graphis card but i dont trust my slef just wondering if anyone in galway would find this esay :

USING 1k ohm veribal resistor

8800gtg92gtsvgpuvmemmodgw8.jpg[/URL]

should be like

modpoint2.jpg

Looks quite easy there but this is the card :

nvidiageforce8800gt03atec4.jpg[/URL]

the the point you have to solder is very small would say its easy for anyone with exp .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'd offer to do it, only they look like surface mounted components, which I'd probably screw up.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Are you a student of NUIG? The technicians down in Nuns Island might be kind enought to help you out if you ask nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

you could bring it into Maplin. They have a kind of workshoop at the back of the store. They'd have it done in seconds I'd imagine. What you need to do is very simple

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

It's simple with the right tools, smd pads come off so easily

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Bring it to a technician - someone with a digitally controlled soldering station, magnifying arm and steady hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

po0k wrote: »
    Bring it to a technician - someone with a digitally controlled soldering station, magnifying arm and steady hand.

where will i Find a technician :rolleyes:

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    you could bring it into Maplin. They have a kind of workshoop at the back of the store. They'd have it done in seconds I'd imagine. What you need to do is very simple

Gave malpin a ring - "we dont do it we sell it" as the guy on the fone said :o

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

awhir wrote: »
    where will i Find a technician :rolleyes:

As Black knight suggested, go down to the Electronic Engineering Dept. in Nuns island, the technicians are located on the first floor, go in and ask them, there really nice guys, if they ask you who are tell them your a physics student or something

sharkDawg wrote: »
    As Black knight suggested, go down to the Electronic Engineering Dept. in Nuns island, the technicians are located on the first floor, go in and ask them, there really nice guys, if they ask you who are tell them your a physics student or something

haha well im in the bish right beside the technicians building :D

would i be able to give them a ring or sumthing ? Like i will pay to have it done .

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

awhir wrote: »
    would i be able to give them a ring or sumthing ? Like i will pay to have it done .
    Pay? No. A smile and thank you will suffice. It works for everyone else.
    Your best off just walking into them and asking. Ringing is more for a service, and not for a gesture of their goodwill.
    1st Floor, room 201. Their office is inside on the left. As sharkdawg says, say your a physics student or something and if they dont mind could they solder it. You'll be back in an hour or something.

• Advertisement

Pay? No. A smile and thank you will suffice. It works for everyone else.
    Your best off just walking into them and asking. Ringing is more for a service, and not for a gesture of their goodwill.
    1st Floor, room 201. Their office is inside on the left. As sharkdawg says, say your a physics student or something and if they dont mind could they solder it. You'll be back in an hour or something.

Sound will give it a go tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Bass Cadet wrote: »

You'd not get anyone with any kind of experience in Maplin,

Stay ta funk away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You'd not get anyone with any kind of experience in Maplin,

Stay ta funk away :D

well... not since i left there anyway..
    :D:D

and your right.. stay away... the expertise has dropped bigtime in the last two years...

its like walking into pcworld now.. they look at you and hope you know nothing so they can fob you off with the stuff you really dont need :eek::eek:

Advertisement