Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Willow Water?

• 25-03-2008 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can but Willow Water in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Superquinn stock it as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

whats willow water?

Eau de Cellefield.

It is a mineral water with a high level of Silica. Which I imagine is good for your skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Aved

Thanks guys
    Does anyone know anywhere in the city centre that might stock it as that would be more convienient.
    Willow water contains salicin which is a natural anti-inflamatory so it helps to keep your skin healthy and clear to a certain extent

Aahh that is interesting, this salicin as opposed to silica. Acts like aspirin.
    Oprah recommends taking 1/2 an aspirin a day to prevent skin ageing.

I'm not in Dublin, but my local costcutters sells Willow water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Aved wrote: »
    Thanks guys
    Does anyone know anywhere in the city centre that might stock it as that would be more convienient.
    Willow water contains salicin which is a natural anti-inflamatory so it helps to keep your skin healthy and clear to a certain extent
    It's called this because the Latin name for the willow tree is Salix Salix, and salycylic acid, the active ingredient in aspirin is present in the willow tree, especially in the bark. In Ireland the willow tree is also known as the Sally tree, probably for the same reasons.

Why not just take an aspirin a day, it's effectively the same thing, and probably a whole lot cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It' supposed to be good for skin conditions like excema and sorry i am not in dublin but it can be bought in various uk stores like Sainsburys .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 skinnyminny

Yes, its great for ezcema, I give it to my little boy to drink instead of normal water and I have to say I have noticed improvements. We buy it in our local Spar so if you ask them, they may stock it or get it in for you. Good luck!

Yes, its great for ezcema, I give it to my little boy to drink instead of normal water and I have to say I have noticed improvements. We buy it in our local Spar so if you ask them, they may stock it or get it in for you. Good luck!

They don't recommend asprin for children because of this........

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/hl/sp/chil/alert09292005.jsp

and it just doesn't sit well with me that this water comes from beside sellafield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 skinnyminny

I am totally freaked....it was recommended to me by somebody else who does the same. OK - thanks for the info, I will be looking further into this now and find another solution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement