Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Big Show - the real weight?

• 25-03-2008 2:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

In the recent weigh-in for the much hyped Floyd Mayweather Vs Big Show match (at Wrestlemania 24), the weights shown were:

Mayweather: 159 lbs (11st 5lbs)
    Big Show: 441 lbs (31st 7lbs)

How likely do you think it is that those are true weights (especially Big Show's - being almost 3 times Mayweathers)?

And if you don't think its true that Big Show weighs that much, what would you say is more realistic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

reckon its real.

he does look 3 times bigger than floyd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

judas101 wrote: »
    reckon its real.

he does look 3 times bigger than floyd

+1 dont think they'd lie about the weights what weight was mayweather when he fought hatton,id say that might answer your question ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i may be wrong, but dont you have to be around 149 lbs to fight in mayweathers weight range? that would mean he shouldnt be in it!

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Big Show is 31st I'd say - I'm pretty heavy and he is huge compared to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i was right, theres no way maywether could be 159, to be the wbc welterweight champion he has to be below 147lbs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Big Show said to WWE.com that he was 520lbs when he left last year and that he lost 108lbs. That would put him at 412lbs a while ago. It's realistic, he's a huge huge man
    i was right, theres no way maywether could be 159, to be the wbc welterweight champion he has to be below 147lbs

He only has to be below 147lbs the day before a fight for the weigh-ins. I'm not sure how big weight-cutting is in boxing but in MMA fighters routinely drop around 10-15lbs of weight in water for the weigh-ins which they put back on before the fight

Sure look at Hatton! He puts on a few stone after his fights, he'd be near heavyweight range right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

At the weigh in he needs to be that weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

If Hogan had ever slammed Show at Mania though, he'd weigh at least 900lbs though brother, brother, brother....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Mayweather weighs 150 and didn't cut weight to be 150 when he fought DLH. He generally doesn't cut to make welterweight like some boxers. Weight cutting in boxing is nowhere near as large a cut as weight cutting in amateur wrestling or mma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

dlofnep wrote: »
    Mayweather weighs 150 and didn't cut weight to be 150 when he fought DLH. He generally doesn't cut to make welterweight like some boxers. Weight cutting in boxing is nowhere near as large a cut as weight cutting in amateur wrestling or mma.

+1 it's shocking how much weight fighters can lose an put on again in a day or two

• Advertisement
Advertisement