Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got banned form paranormal

Options
  • 25-03-2008 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently they don't like being asked to prove stuff.:mad:
    I'm in need of some logical cheering up.
    Have any of you guys had similar experiences online or in real life?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Yeah I have shared experience I once got banned too from soccer online, and a bar in real life, snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Read the charter, you're not supposed to ask for proof there afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah apparently you can't ask for proof. Bit ridiculous really as any old troll could go in there and say something without having to back it up. Actually, I might go PM Raspberry a link to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Actually, I might go PM Raspberry a link to the forum.
    oh dear god no...
    :D

She was banned from ah but is still around apparently. Can't see them moving this to Thunderdome though, one thread there about her is one too many imo

And this thread was never really on topic anyway with it being here instead of feedback, good chance for lolcats wasted, drat

• Advertisement

Raspberry is still alive and well apparently, though he/she has gotten recent bannings from one of the gaming forums as well as politics. Site ban must be imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

but surely a rule like that isn't very encouraging for rational debate. i was making good points damnit!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

They dont want debate, unless its about an episode of the X files. Siteban FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The thread looking for feedback on the paranormal forum is right here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055257848

Voice your concerns about the charter there.

The thread looking for feedback on the paranormal forum is right here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055257848

Voice your concerns about the charter there.
    Can't banned.
    unless thats some joke on your part.

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    but surely a rule like that isn't very encouraging for rational debate. i was making good points damnit!

Asking for proof there is like asking for evidence of the resurrection on the christian forum, they don't wanna hear it and will just think you are trolling. If you don't like the way the forum is run just don't read it, far easier

Can't banned.
    unless thats some joke on your part.

ha.. well when the ban is up you can comment...

That or resort to using mind bullets...

not sure if the ban is permanent.
    but one of the guys followed up thru a pm so hopefully i'll be still be able to have a good debate.
    If not, then mind bullets and science sticks!

I think the best thing to do in a situation like this is to start a feedback thread. Can never have too many of them.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I think the best thing to do in a situation like this is to start a feedback thread. Can never have too many of them.
    but there is one i'm just can post in it cos i'm banned. Irony!

Well start a fresh one here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Everyone will love you for it, trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Apparently they don't like being asked to prove stuff.
    I last read the Paranormal forum a couple of years ago. There was much excitement over some "orb" photos taken on a visit to a haunted house. Now that I look again I see they are still talking about orbs.

I don't see the point of a forum where you can't point out the obvious explanation that people are taking photos of dust. It's a waste of time.

ghostpingponglrg.gif

davros wrote: »
    I last read the Paranormal forum a couple of years ago. There was much excitement over some "orb" photos taken on a visit to a haunted house. Now that I look again I see they are still talking about orbs.

I don't see the point of a forum where you can't point out the obvious explanation that people are taking photos of dust. It's a waste of time.

there's a new one of those just started. I'm banging my head against the wall in frustration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

whats the problem?

You don't walk into a church and start arguing about how God is dead. The Paranormal discussion is not a forum to debate whether or not ghosts exist, it's for people who already believe, or at least are open to the idea. If you think it's all bollocks, like me, either ignore them or post here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

ghostpingponglrg.gif

OK, I admit that explanation hadn't occurred to me :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

tbh wrote: »
    whats the problem?

You don't walk into a church and start arguing about how God is dead. The Paranormal discussion is not a forum to debate whether or not ghosts exist, it's for people who already believe, or at least are open to the idea. If you think it's all bollocks, like me, either ignore them or post here.

There's a reason its listed under rec...

Advertisement