Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 free texts (experience price plan)

• 25-03-2008 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

I signed up to o2 experience + favourites and turns out I can text ppl for free and i looked on o2.ie and it said if i top up by an extra €10 I can send free texts to my nominated numbers. But the people im texting are not my nominated numbers. So what is happening ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

As far as I can remember, the o2 site does seem to suggest the taxt are only to your nominated numbers when both free calls and texts are opted for, but that did seem unfair seeing as others can text everyone for free so maybe the site is wrong.

EDIT: The site is saying it is just to those numbers. It also lists texts to o2 as costing 11c, eliminating the chance that they are badly phrasing it.

Details of the offer

Call your 10 favourite O2 numbers for free for life. All we ask is you top up by €20 each month. If you top up by another €10 each month then you’ll also get free texts to your nominated numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its a choice of free texts to everyone for 20.00 topup
    or
    10 02 numbers you can call for free for 20 and text the same 10 numbers for free for 30

theres no option to have both offers

krudler wrote: »
    its a choice of free texts to everyone for 20.00 topup
    or
    10 02 numbers you can call for free for 20 and text the same 10 numbers for free for 30

theres no option to have both offers

That is why the OP is wondering why he is getting free texts to everyone also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Hmm this seems to kick the as sof the meteor to meteor free texts?

Whats the downfalls? Any?

Also i go international fairly often and meteor are a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Top by €20 a month and get free texts for life to any network

Top up by €30 a month and you can pick 10 numbers to have free calls to them and free text to anyone any network for life

Get the free sims on www.o2.ie and the give you 50c on the sim and if you come over from another network the will give €40 free

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

If you go international fairly often have you looked at the AFT thread? Very hand program!

I signed up the o2 experience but I use AFT all the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Elbows

You have to top up by 20 every calendar month. If you dont do it by the end of march then you will lose free texts for april.
    As for the op, id make sure your calls are still free in case your on the wrong plan, or make sure the nominated numbers are correct.

• Advertisement

yogidc26 wrote: »
    Top up by €30 a month and you can pick 10 numbers to have free calls to them and free text to anyone any network for life

Not what it says on their site, as detailed above.

49c per minute calls to other networks at all times is the main downfall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Elbows

You topped up by €20 in February - that gives you free texts for the rest of February and all of March. You will lose those free texts if you don't topup by €20 before the end of March - until you topup by €20 within a month again.

Re your monthly credit - you just said you topped up by €20 on 14th Feb, so that counts if you received the second monthly credit before 14th March

If you go international fairly often have you looked at the AFT thread? Very hand program!

I signed up the o2 experience but I use AFT all the time!

Meteor dont let you send web texts internationally. Do 02?

Whats O2 experience, this deal?

So if i cahnge from metero i get 40quid credit for free and then once i top up once a month by 20quid i get free texts to everyone? Altough with 50c calls (i dont do much calling, if i did they would be brief). I think this is a no brainer.
    I presume you can keep your number to?

Was on the verge of swapping to O2 today and then checked their website and O2 dont work in Russia unless your billpay, as 02 experience is prepay its not good to me.

Im going back to RUssia for 3weeks and need an irish contact number, so this is no good for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Was on the verge of swapping to O2 today and then checked their website and O2 dont work in Russia unless your billpay, as 02 experience is prepay its not good to me.

Im going back to RUssia for 3weeks and need an irish contact number, so this is no good for now.
    You can switch networks in as little as 5 mins, up to 2 hours .. why not switch to the network that suits you now and then switch back a few days before you go?

Advertisement