Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Info on Grafics Card

Options
  • 25-03-2008 4:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Going to order a pc from dell, mainly because im lazy and don't want to build one myself. Found one with a nice price however not too sure about the graphic's card :

256MB ATI® Radeon™ HD 2600 XT graphics card

Any thoughts would be awesome. Basically I don't care about not be able to play the newest games at the highest settings, but would like to be playing them better than average

Thanks in advance

Red

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you exclude Crysis, more then capable of playing most new-ish games at an average resolution (1280x1024) at medium-high settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

Cheers dude, appreciate the help.

Regards

Red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

RedXIII wrote: »
    Cheers dude, appreciate the help.

Regards

Red

What dell system are you getting?

You could get it without the graphics card and put in a better one yourself

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Also make sure its a full width case and not a low profile on or it will severly limit your upgrade path

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭derby7

Why not try Dell's EBay site:
    http://stores.ebay.ie/Dell-Outlet
    These are PC's that have a scratch, etc, I got one (I'm still looking for the scratch on mine!) & I've seen others that have got one and the PC's are excellent. You just have to be patient and outbid others, but worth the wait.......ie. either look for one with a good GC or get one without and upgrade later, note: there's nothing on the site at the mo, but they're EOQ is next month, so expect to see loads up there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement