Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You + COD 4 ?

• 25-03-2008 5:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Just curious how many of you play this game actively

If so, how many of you are in clans, and what clans?

On that note also, how many Irish clans are there, on PC, for this game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Well, I've about 20 games.. (Fecking icons take up the whole bottom & side of my screen [19" w/s @1280x1024])

I'm mainly playing UT2k4, but do play a bit of CoD4 now and again. Great game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I play it quite a bit. I am in =)BiT(= Best in Tactics www.bestintactics.com .

We are not an Irish clan. We are an International clan, with members from Ireland, England, Denmark, Montenegro, America, Canada and one guy is in Japan. At the moment we have 5 Irish members.

I mainly play CoD4 and BF2 , although I have started to get into Solitaire :D:p .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Animate Gaming

We have two CoD4 teams at the moment, 3/6 of the first team members are Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Due to work, social life and study I can barely play, let alone be in a clan. Damm you kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Badtasteclan

We play it a fair bit , one CW a week , but this project torque has us distracted atm :) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

well im a cod xbxoer, dont think theres any clans out there afaik, for xbox anyway

it totally dominated my time from xmas till now, but i got a good rush of games

army of two, rainbow 2, bully

but still have time for cod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Just started playing myself a few days ago, up to level 33 so far. Not in a clan or anything yet will wait till I get a bit better before thinking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Been playing for a couple of months, I'm up to level 51. Usually only get a chance to play for 30 minutes or so, not involved in a clan but occasionly get top prize for getting killed the most:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

http://team-reverence.org/

Play about 3-4 scims every night, can't be arsed with public play lately, its too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

well im a cod xbxoer, dont think theres any clans out there afaik, for xbox anyway

Theres quite a few ,But heres the best. Irelands longest running xbox clan @ www.celticsnipers.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

they recruiting ? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Any other clans Xbox clans recruiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Play about 3-4 pcw's a night, 5-6 mixes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Used to play CoD1 & 2 about 5/6 hours a day on average... Now I have a GF, a demanding job and a new hobby (motorcycle racing) which are taking up most of my time... Only manage to play about 30 minutes on average these days... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

http://www.irish-esports.com/

Not playing really with with LC around the corner but we have a COD4 teams on both PC and Xbox.

• Im playing Cod4 again, got those new maps the other day on the xbox. Im getting pissed of tho cos i can't find any irish players on the maps its just all yanks talking ****. Also playing condemed 2 bloodshot, freaking the crap out of myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I play now and then, kinda bored with it though, new maps will get me playing more though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I play it as much as possible. Clan in sig.

This is the greatest game ever - I can even forgive the fact that so many goddamn yanks are on on sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Exneigh

I play most nights with a couple of friends, our tiny clan is called [poo] "Psychic operations omega" (yea the tag came first)

I'm about done with it to be honest.. I'm really tired of bunny hopping, that stupid grenade launcher and some of the perks.. (martyrdom mainly)

I'm a PC gamer and COD4 really is a great game online, but it feels like the developers concentrated on Xbox gamplay more than PC...

We need a mod that kills the perks, nerfs the grenade launcher, adds stamina to stop the hopping and adds a few maps designed for more than 16 players.

thats me wish list.. besides that its a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

ToughyIRE wrote: »
    http://www.irish-esports.com/

Not playing really with with LC around the corner but we have a COD4 teams on both PC and Xbox.

Get that LC done. As godlike as you are at COD4 sir, the teams are enjoying success after success without your name attached. rawr!

it totally dominated my time from xmas till now, but i got a good rush of games

army of two, rainbow 2, bully

but still have time for cod

Yeah man check out the link in ToughyIRE's post. For whatever games you play, on whatever platform they are :P
    silvine wrote: »
    Any other clans Xbox clans recruiting?

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 S0ck3t

I play cod4 on the xbox360, but our clan is nameless at the moment due to lack of ideas, we're just scrimming at the moment getting a few things sorted out etc but we are in the European online playoffs which we won our first round against some french team who claimed to be 'third' in france which I highly doubt.

For those of you in PC CoD4 clans sign up here :)

link

Hey Kami don't forget the console guys.

For you console guys there is also a league being set up :) . Go to the followin link

http://lanparty.ie/tournaments.php

Pfft consoles :p

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Pfft consoles :p

Lol agreed :D. But I am not one to be elitist :p.

Get your team signed up already nub :pac:

Heheh . I wish I could, but for the most part our EU guys don't play S&D :( . I will bring it to their attention, but I doubt it will happen :( .

I myself hate S&D so I will not be playing if at all possible.

Am I the only to see the irony in a clan called Best in Tactics not playing S&D?

:D

S&D is the only way to play matches, the other gametypes are for public play.

Am I the only to see the irony in a clan called Best in Tactics not playing S&D?

:D

S&D is the only way to play matches, the other gametypes are for public play.

Lol, we initially played/play Americas Army which is a real mans version of CoD4 ;) .

We play BF aswell ;) ....

....Smartass :p .

• Advertisement

For those of you in PC CoD4 clans sign up here :)

link

Actually I think this needs its own thread. Some people will have read this thread before and just ignore it now.

Advertisement