Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Shape Up

Options
  • 25-03-2008 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

I'd like to announce my new fitness log to get myself in shape for the summer, starting this thursday.

Exercise wise, I'm going to follow the bodydoctor workout routine, three days a week, with lots of cardio. I will alternate these exercises from slow sets, to blast sets, depending on how much time I have available. On my in-between days, I'm going to do some light cardio. I expect to have one days rest each week. I'm going to stretch when I wake up in the morning.

I'm going to eat very well, approximately following Patrick Holdfords Low GL Diet, starting with a detox, and taking specific supplements. I will start with a detox and maintain a healthy eating pattern.

My goal is to get myself in great shape and substantially fitter for the summer. My interim goal is to lose 8-10kg by the 9th of May. During this time, I will substantially reduce my bodyfat and increase my strength.

I will post efficient summaries of what I've done online, my goals and progress.

Here goes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

After reading G'ems excellent Boards Summer Beach Body Super Challenge, and commiting to this, I have done well.

Firstly, I find the bodydoctor workout done the slow way, really tough. 25 reps with relatively light weights, counting to 4 in each direction, requires a lot of will power!

So I have split up the body doctor workout into upper and lower body routines. On the advice of my fitness-advisor, instead of doing body doctor the slow way too regularly, I'm doing and upperbody "blast" 25 reps, medium weights, as fast as I can with literally no rest. This seems to send my heart rate through the roof.

Nutritionally I have done well. I have 95% adhered to G'ems rules, with very minor exceptions. I haven't yet done a full detox, though I am drinking twice as much water as before. I haven't worked out 6 days a week, but I have certainly managed 4.

I couldn't find a tailors tape to take measurements.... so for now, my first proper calibration is:

Bodyweight: 103kg.
    Bodyfat 28.6%

More soon.

Advertisement