Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bianchi Pista stockists

Options
  • 25-03-2008 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering could anyone point me in the right direction with regard to whether or not there is an irish dealer for bianchi?

Google and a search on boards pulls up nothing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

cyclogical on bachelors walk. but they will have to order you one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

Thanks ba. I'll follow that up.

They can't order them anymore unfortunately.
    Anyone here ordered from jensonusa.com at all?

Also the reason I wanted to buy here was so I could try for size, I think I heard that bianchi are slightly smaller or larger than normal, is this right?

Im 6'1" with a 34' inside leg if anyone could advise the right size?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

You may have to take a jolly up north. Don't know if there are stockists there either though. You could drop these fellows a line:

CYCLEUROPE United Kingdom Ltd.
    BIANCHI DIVISION
    Cycleurope (UK) Ltd.
    21-23 Millstreet
    MK 40 3EU Bedford
    Great Britain
    Phone: +44 1234 245929
    Fax: +44 1234 270562

General informations
    bianchi.uk@cycleurope.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

• Advertisement

Thanks for that guys, I had seen the evans one too, it works out 150euro cheaper or so from the states.

Anyone know if the VAT/Customs to be paid would be the same coming from US or UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

No need to pay anything extra with EU purchases. You'd be charged VAT + duty on the american purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭mtbdude74

I've been riding a bianchi pista for the last 6 months. Have upgraded just about everything but the frame. Anyhow, got mine from Slane cycles in Belfast. They were a pleasure to deal with. Had bike couriered down to Dublin for a fair price; wouldn't have saved any money driving up north to collect. Give them a bell.

Size wise, no difference between the pista and whatever size your regular road bike is.

mtb...you are indeed the dude. :D
    Have sent them off a mail, looks like the right place to sort me out.

How do you find it in general? Is it your first fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭mtbdude74

Yes it is my first, however yet to ride it fixed!!!!! It rides well, very responsive. Also draws plenty of looks from "people in the know".

However, for that money, you're probably not getting good value. Have a good look at the specs on the bianchi website. I've upgraded the fork, headset, stem, seatpost, saddle and handlebars. Plus, you need to get a front brake caliper and also levers. In all, I've spent well over 1k!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

ba wrote: »
    cyclogical on bachelors walk. but they will have to order you one in.

I was after a Bianchi there recently and they told me they no longer stock 'em. When I asked why, the guy said he didn't really know. He said the boss said they just aren't doing it and then said that he thinks it because they keep breaking. When I asked what is it about them that keeps breaking, he couldn't answer.

mtbdude74 wrote: »
    Yes it is my first, however yet to ride it fixed!!!!! It rides well, very responsive. Also draws plenty of looks from "people in the know".

However, for that money, you're probably not getting good value. Have a good look at the specs on the bianchi website. I've upgraded the fork, headset, stem, seatpost, saddle and handlebars. Plus, you need to get a front brake caliper and also levers. In all, I've spent well over 1k!!!!

Don't think ill be going to that extent, I'll be adding the brakes, or at the very least a front one. It's only for commuting so I won't be racing.

Raam wrote: »
    I was after a Bianchi there recently and they told me they no longer stock 'em. When I asked why, the guy said he didn't really know. He said the boss said they just aren't doing it and then said that he thinks it because they keep breaking. When I asked what is it about them that keeps breaking, he couldn't answer.

Yeh, when I asked about being bianchi stockists, he said they haven't stocked them in '6years'? and told me they couldn't order them even. He was a bit tentative about the whole thing. They still have the bianchi logo on the website?

Advertisement