Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BSBBC Cork_Girl defies the odds!

• 25-03-2008 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

Ok :D This is it! Thanks G'em for organising everything.. now I just have to stick to it.. but am determined to do it by the book.

My goal - I want to be happy in my clothes and not feel frumpy and self-conscious. I want to feel healthy and have stamina for exercise. I want to be a size 10 (currently a 12), therefore I want to lose approx. 1 stone - but so far with my exercise regime I have lost no weight but have gained muscle.. so either way - to fit into size 10 jeans would be the overall goal! (i.e. no spare tyre!!)

Another reason I'm doing this is to put my life in order. To get up for breakfast, to have structured meals and exercise and to have a routine. It's a lifestyle transformation that I have been working on since January and this is the final push :)

Week 1

Measurements
    Neck 30.7cm (12.125")
    Chest 88.9cm (35")
    Bicep 30.4cm (11.75")
    Wrist 12.5cm (5.875")
    Waist 83.9cm (32.625")
    Hips 90.2cm (35.125")
    Top of legs 61.6cm (23.875")
    Knee 42.9cm (16.5")
    Calf 38.8cm (14.875")
    Body Weight 10.4 / 65.5kg / 144.4lbs
    Height 5'7"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Pffft, noone from Cork ever achieves anything. :p

Ah no, best of luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Ok well so far so good - diet is going well, pretty happy - using an online calorie calculator @ http://caloriecount.about.com/ and it's a huge help - kinda scary how much you have that you don't count as 'food'!! So far my daily calorie intake for Mon was 1,077 cals (bit low but slept in so only had 2 meals.. was a bank holiday!!) and Tues 1,461 cals. Did 1 hour Pilates yesterday and a 20 min brisk walk at lunch :)

Got up for my muesli both yesterday and today which is unheard of for me! Loving feeling wide awake by time I get to work, it's a great start to the day not panicking running out the door!!

It's so tempting to keep checking the weighing scales to see if there's any change, gonna wait and hope for the best :)

OK :) Well it's day 3 - and to date I think I'm doing ok. Did a gym circuits class for 45mins yesterday at lunch and oweeee!! Had accupuncture after work so couldn't get into gym! Class was great - arms and tummy a bit stiff today!

Diet Record to date
    Breakfast/Lunch (Bank holiday Monday :o
    2 Poached Eggs
    2 Round White Pitta
    Butter
    2 Mugs tea w/milk
    Snacks
    1 Apple
    Dinner
    Carrot, brocolli, sweet potato, kale, garlic, tagiatelle 1tblsp pesto
    1 Mug Tea w/milk"
    Total Calories (online site calc.) 1,077

25th March
    Breakfast 8am
    1/2 Mug Muesli w/milk
    Tea w/milk
    Snacks 11am
    2 Corn-thins
    Cup White Tea
    Lunch 1pm
    Vegetable Chow Mein
    Dinner 7pm
    Carrot, brocolli, celery, kale, wholemeal penne pasta, 1tblsp pesto, 1tblsp x/light cream cheese
    1 Mug Tea w/milk"
    Total Calories 1,357

26th March
    Breakfast 8am
    1/2 Mug Muesli w/milk
    Tea w/milk
    Snack 11am
    2 Corn-thins
    Banana
    Cup White Tea
    Lunch2.15pm
    Plain Wrap
    Tomato
    Tuna mayo
    Boiled egg
    Dinner 7.30pm
    Broccoli, kale, garlic, egg noodles, 1can chopped tomatoes, minced beef 1/3 pack, spring onion
    1 Mug Tea w/milk
    Total Calories 1,683

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Your body will go into starvation mode on 1,000 calories a day.
    The exercise you do along with even 1600/1800 calories a day should see you lose plenty of weight if that's what you are after.

That was only bank-holiday Monday - I didn't do any exercise and had a sleep in! So that has to be taken into consideration ;) !!

• Advertisement

Yesterday went well :D A bit tired today and the muscles are a little tender again, but nothing that I'm not happy about! Did a 50min lower body blitz class.. plenty of squats and lunges, etc. Struggled a bit to keep up but didn't give up!

Yesterdays diet:
    Breakfast 8am
    1/2 Mug Muesli w/milk
    Snack 11am
    3 Corn-thins
    Banana
    Cup White Tea
    Lunch2.15pm
    Plain Wrap
    Tomato
    Plain chicken
    Boiled egg
    Ballymaloe relish (little bit)
    Snack 7pm
    Red apple
    Banana
    Dinner 9.30pm
    Broccoli, kale, garlic, chopped tomatoes, minced beef 1/3 pack, spring onion & fusilli wholewheat bunlaun pasta
    1 Mug Tea w/milk
    Total Calories 1,740

Worried now about the weekend - heading home.. always a danger of being fed by Mammy!! :D Not sure whether I should go to a class at lunch or not - feel a bit tender but already did nothing on Monday this week..

Will go to gym at home as guest on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hayden*

Go Cork Girl b4 u know it ul'l b fittin bac n2 ur college clothes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

is kale not a cabbage type thing fed to horses and cattle?;)

is kale not a cabbage type thing fed to horses and cattle?;)

not sure about the horses and cattle bit but it's a super food - full of goodness.. see link here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

hope the weekend went well, new week, new challange, no problem, good luck and have a great one.

• Advertisement

Well - didn't go to the gym on Friday as think my body needed a rest - but watched what I ate and had a long drive home to Cork ahead of me. So, after being careful all weekend and not over-indulging I hope I'm on track. Went to gym for an hour yesterday as I had planned - did 20mins cross-trainer, 25 mins treadmill (incline walk with jogs intermittently) then into the weights room to work abs, legs, shoulders and arms. A few reps of each..

Have boxercise tonight. Diet going well - didn't get a chance to visit Tesco for my shopping but will get that sorted tonight! Have a conference for 3 days at end of week - which will upset the routine but will avail of gym/leisure centre in the hotel. It does kind of upset the cart a bit but will do my best not to let it curb my efforts!!

Measurements will be taken tonight along with a weigh-in, so fingers crossed :)

Week 2 31st March: Changes
    Neck 12.125"/ 30.7cm Same
    Chest 35" / 88.9 cm Same
    Bicep 11.75" / 29.8 cm Same
    Wrist 5.875" / 14.9 cm Same
    Waist 31.5" / 80 cm -1.125"
    Hips 34.25" / 87 cm -0.875"
    Top of legs 23" / 58.4 cm -0.875"
    Knee 16.5" / 41.9 cm Same
    Calf 14.75" / 37.5 cm -0.125"

Body Weight 10st2lbs / 64.7kg / 142.6lbs -1.8lbs
    Height 5'7"

Well I suppose I'm happy enough although it's not much weight loss! Was so careful with my food too - it's a bit disheartening. At least the measurements show that there is some change happening!! Will see how this week goes now :)

Had boxercise last night for an hour and seriously worked my arms - they were ready to fall off! Great :D Tonight it's Pilates. Going out for lunch today, so will make the best choices I can, it's so much easier to bring your own!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

Hey Cork Girl, Well done by the way on your loss this week. I am feeling that same aswell a little bit disheartened. But at least our meaurements are going in the right direction.

keep up the good work,

Ye I know I always hate the scales and had been avoiding them and only weighing myself every month. But then the challenge came along and its back to weighing myself every week. Not good for me let me tell ya. So I reckon im gonna measure once a week and then weigh myself every other week. I have no callipers so thats not an option. Meaurements are more important after all. And like you said I am also crap at listening to my own advice. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

1.8lbs loss is fantastic! It's going in the right direction and it's a healthy amount to lose in a week :)

Thanks for the support all - I know 1.8lbs is probably the best way to lose weight so it's not water and not too much too quickly.. but I made such an effort!! :o!! Anyway, I'm definitely feeling much better in my clothes and that is what my goal is so gonna keep on going :D

Went to Pilates last night, find it could be supplemented so next week will do an additional class at lunch. Today I have to head to a conference.. balls!! So can't do anything and it'll be 10pm by time I get there.. then it's avoiding the bar - must think of a great excuse!! I just can't count on will-power when surrounded by friends and colleagues who are drunk!!

Tomorrow morning I'm hoping to hit the pool and gym before breakfast.. so that'll help me stay away from the booze :)

Dinner last night was:

Chicken fillet, turmeric/chilli/paprika
    Spinach, green beans, garlic
    Whole-wheat bunlaun fusilli - 2 fist-fulls
    1tblsp pesto

So. This morning was the last of the Muesli :) Yay!! yuck! So I'm hoping that I'll get shopping when I get back to Dublin and pick up some new alternatives!

Well the weekend is over and a fresh start as of now:D

The conference last week caused a bigger problem than I had even expected, exercise and food went blip and aof course alcohol.. but I watched what I ate, made all the sensible choices; no potatoes with lunch/dinner, no chips, no salad dressing, no deserts.. no pints of beer.. vodka with soda water and lime instead.. :eek:
    Exercise-wise it was bad too! Apart from going for a walk each evening, I didn't get a chance to visit the gym as the conference took up most of our time with organised dinners and receptions. Grr!! I did do squats and sit-ups/crunches in my room.. for what they're worth!

But.. it's a new week and I'm delighted. It's Boxercise this evening, had my bran flakes this morning and I'm feeling good.

Will be weighing/measuring tonight.. so I hope I haven't done too much damage!

I didn't do too well this week! Went to the gym on Mon nite, as my boxercise class was cancelled. Felt awful, was weak and had no energy. Had to leave after 20mins as I was afraid I'd just faint!
    Yesterday evening I had a 40 min walk and a Pilates class. Food wise I've been very good, having my breakfast every morning, simple lunches and well planned dinners. Last weeks trip away really put a spanner in the works, but no more galavanting for the next few weeks. This will mean I'll be in control of my diet and exercise :D

So. Measurements this week are not good. Tiny losses really and a few gains. But.. putting it in perspective last week was poor efforts and this week will be much improved :) ! :eek: so.. it's a motivation not to feel so annoyed with myself next week.
    Measurements for Week 3:

Neck
    Same
    Chest - .125"
    Bicep Same
    Wrist Same
    Waist - .125"
    Hips + .25"
    Top of legs +.375"
    Knee - .25"
    Calf + 0.125"

Body Weight Same

Next week I am determined to be happy with what I see!!

Well at least there was a lose there cork girl ! Even though you were out of your routine ! Thats still really good ! Onwards & Upwards !;)

Back on form :) Felt so much stronger last night, the Boxercise class was a good challenge, did a warmup of 10 mins on the Cross-trainer first, got the heart racing. Then a few reps of stomach crunches and stretches. The class was great and felt miles better than Monday night when I just felt weak. think I was in need of sleep and rest. Did 10 mins on Cross-trainer after the class to get in another bit of cardio before heading home.

Food wise - all going well. Still having my breakfast :) Can't believe it.

Going to a Combo 20/20/20 class tonight - hoping I'll be able for it! A little tender but feeling great after last night.

Must try get more protein and less carbs into my diet too, feel as though I'm still depending on bananas a lot for pre-gym etc. Just has to be a practical thing - going straight from work so can't boil an egg!

• Advertisement

Hi Cork Girl I bring boiled eggs with me to work ! And then just eat them as I please its time comsuming the night before but worth it.. I do the same with omlettes I cooked it last night and brought it with me to work today. I have it either cold or heat it in the micro ! Yummy and full of protein! Glad to hear you felt better in your class last night. Keep up the good work :)

Ye I eat mine boiled egg cold ,just mash it up with some pepper and its yummy .. yep you could put in on a ryvita or something like that .. I just have it mashed on its own i really enjoy it. maybe add half a table spoon of butter aswell !

Thanks Linkak - that sounds like a plan. I'll do that next week :) Don't like bananas to begin with but they were great for giving me the energy I needed pre-gym.

Last night was 10 mins on Cross-trainer, followed by a 20-20-20 class. Was a great class - will definitely be keeping it up. Started with aerobics, onto the steps, sweat pouring out of me :o:D then onto bodypump; weights: barbells and dumbbells, which I never use so it was great to use them in a class situation to see what to do! Low weights but high reps. It worked, my poor body is a bit limp today! But in a good way :)

So. Today I think it'll be an Aerofit ball class, to stretch and strengthen the rest of me :) :pac:

Had an ok weekend, took a break from the gym/classes and relaxed. Food wise made the right choices, did have 5 bottles of Coors Light, so I hope that's not over the 10 units limit!!

Will be doing the measuring/weighing this evening, don't feel as if it'll be good though. Feel swollen! Going to gym this evening anyway, either a warm-up on Crosstrainer followed by Hydrorider class or a Pump and Tone class. Will decide depending on work etc.

Feeling a bit 'flat' this week.

Last night I decided to just hit the gym and get some Cardio work in, so did the following:

15mins Cross-trainer
    20mins Treadmill - jog/incline/speed intervals
    20mins Bike

Spent 30 mins doing abs/squats and general mat exercises.

Felt great! Measurements/weigh-in tonight :D

Week measurements/weight for week 3:

Neck
    - .125"
    Chest - .625"
    Bicep - .25"
    Wrist + .125"
    Waist Same
    Hips - .25"
    Top of legs -.5"
    Knee - .25"
    Calf - 0.125"

Body Weight + 2lbs

Well. Few of the measurements are down, nothing drastic - waist stayed the same. And I went up 2lbs!?! After all my work :( Bit annoyed. Won't be having a treat day on Sat. cos I'm not happy that I'm achieving anything so far in the challenge, will have a treat day when I feel I can enjoy it!

This evening I have boxercise, looking forward to it. Had an omlette with 2 eggs and pumpkin seeds for lunch, with a wholemeal pitta. Big mug of steaming tea on the side :D

Really hoped I'd see more progress on my waist and tummy, but will continue and hope for the best.

hey cork girl ,

I was the same this week scales stayed the same lost a couple of inces but nothing major. There are many reasons this could be , but in relation to inches you didnt gain any ! Thats the main thing.

Well, so far this week has been tough :D Monday - gym 1hr 30 mins, Tues - Pilates 1hr, Wed - Boxercise & treadmill - 1hr 10 mins, Thurs - 20/20/20 class & treadmill - 1hr 10 mins.

Today :o I'm tired :o There's a class at lunch, or I could go for a swim. My muscles are a bit tired and I don't want to be in a class and not be able for it! Having said that, the weekend is only around the corner and that's my breaktime!!

Diet is going well too, no junk, all very healthy and within my goals :D Sushi for dinner last night after the gym, was yum!

Hi Cork girl . I know eating lots of eggs at the moment. To be honest I enjoy them and them and tuna are my new best friend .. Just trying to get as much protein as possible into me during the day. At night I usually have chicken or fish for dinner so thats my protein and then a shake aswell ! I have activia fat free vanilla yogurt with my breakfast. I think the glenisk is ok But I know we should really replace both with natural or greek yogurt just I havent yet ! Next week I will be changing my diet around a bit I think .

• Advertisement

Well, weekend as usual was a nice rest :) Though I know it shouldn't be to the extent that it is! Did wander around Stephen's Green (not the shopping centre.. ;))for an hour, it wasn't mad exercise but it was moving and in fresh air - has to count for something!!

Heading to gym this evening, would rather go home and hide but will face up to it! Must do some serious veg shopping too!!

Well yesterday's trip to the gym kicked me back into action :D Spent 20 mins on the treadmill and about 15 of it was jogging - speed of 9ish. Was the first time I actually managed to keep it up, delighted that my fitness is coming along. I'm still far from graceful and find it hard to keep the rhythm, need to get better music!! Definitely going to keep it in the routine now and build on it. Think it was c.3km in the 20 mins. Happy with that to begin with :)

Tonight is Pilates, not going to gym - giving legs a bit of a break. Rest of week will be tough on them.. I'm going to make sure of it!

Weigh-in/measurements after Pilates.

Measurements for Week 5 :eek::
    Neck Same
    Chest - .375"
    Bicep -0.125"
    Wrist -0.125"
    Waist +0.125"
    Hips -0.625"
    Top of legs -0.125"
    Knee - 0.375"
    Calf Same

Body Weight -4.4lbs :D

Well - last week I worked really really hard. Not that I haven't been all along but I stepped it up exercise wise and I'm glad something has happened as I was getting a bit confused! Having said that, my measurments are still very weird, my waist went up 1/8" and my hips went down 5/8"!! So ya - not sure how the hell that happens.

Anyway - that's last week - this week has been pretty tough too. Monday went to gym as I mentioned above, Tuesday was a brisk walk for 20mins and then Pilates for 1hr. Last night was 20 mins on the treadmill: jog/brisk walk incline, plus Boxercise class 1hr.

Today I'm tired. My arms are tight and my muscles feel fatigued. But, I want to go on and not take a break as I know I won't be able to do anything at the weekend. There's the 20/20/20 combo class at 6.30pm which was brilliant last week and very tough, so I just need to eat the right food for energy today and go for it I guess!!

I'm pretty happy with progress overall, my jeans fit better, my legs have seriously toned up - I no longer find squats killing me after only a few, which is what happened when I started in gym back in January!

Only 3 weeks to go - I am going to reach my goal!!

Well done your doing great !

Ye tell me about it I love cheese and had left that and nuts out of my diet for so long because I was incapable of monitoring my portions but what i have done is I buy sliced cheedar so that im not cutting it and putting half in my mouth at the same time! and then someone suggested on the forum to pre weigh all my nuts and I have been putting 30g / 40g in little zip lock bags so that they are measured for me ! So this seems to be working although i do have the odd sneaky hanful of nuts at night sometimes !

I had been doing cardio for the last while without any food in me ( fasted cardio) but I have started to eat something small I wouldnt be able to train with a full stomack ! I get up at 6.45 and dont reckon I could get up any earlier to have a breakfast so its usually an apple and small amount of nuts ! Im ok at the moment with that ! I love the gym in the morning and would prefer to train in the morning but unfortunetly I need more food in me to weight train so I leave that till the evenings !

Cork_girl wrote: »

Today I'm tired. My arms are tight and my muscles feel fatigued. But, I want to go on and not take a break as I know I won't be able to do anything at the weekend. There's the 20/20/20 combo class at 6.30pm which was brilliant last week and very tough, so I just need to eat the right food for energy today and go for it I guess!!

:eek: Went to the 20/20/20 class and oh my God did I work out. Was crazy. Delighted I went, but was very tough going. 20 mins of circuits, 20 mins of dumbells on aerofit ball and 20 mins of boxercise. The circuits especially had me!!

Today - definitely a rest. However tired my muscles were yesterday - today they're asleep. So time to take the hint and let them alone! Maybe do some gentle stretching mat work this evening, but nothing hectic!

It's the weekend.. so have to watch it! :D Feeling great though, feel stronger than I'd say I ever have to be honest. Yay!

• Advertisement

Weekend is over and yay for that! Too much alcohol but ok on the food - balancing out overall I hope. Gonna get back into the gym this evening and give it all I have! :D

Long weekend coming up - how am I going to manage not having pints that weekend!!! Haven't had a pint since the start of the challenge, stuck to Coors Light and Vodka/soda/lime and of course wine. Yikes, I like my drink too much!!

Measurements for Week 6
    Neck Same
    Chest - .625"
    Bicep -0.125"
    Wrist Same
    Waist -1.5"
    Hips -0.75"
    Top of legs -0.125"
    Knee Same
    Calf +0.125"

Body Weight Same - 10 Stone (140lbs)

Week 6 done and dusted - with unusual results - big drop on the waist and hips but none on the scales, in comparison to what happened last week that is the exact opposite!! (last week put up 0.125 on waist and lost 4.6lbs). Strange!

Couldn't get to gym last night, so this week is looking poor. Going to my boxercise class tonight, with 20 mins on treadmill before it hopefully all going well!

Had a cookie this morning :( Wasn't my fault it was my Boss... work duties :o It won't happen again! ;)

Boxercise class was great last night, brilliant workout. Did 10 mins jogging at speed 9ish to warm-up, worked a treat! Tonight it's the 20/20/20 class, while I know I'll be delighted afterwards - right now I'm tired and wishing I had a natural athletic build and outlook on life!! If that even makes sense.

Diet wise all is going well. Haven't eaten bread in a long time. Sweets and sugary snacks (except for yesterday's cookie) have been non-existent. Cravings have been ok too - happy to munch on a carrot or a handfull of nuts!

Trying to organise myself too, eating a banana before gym - about 1 hour before I exercise. Lately I've been getting a stitch though, so I think I'll have that energy snack a little earlier. Weird though - never had stitches before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Boxercise class was great last night, brilliant workout. Did 10 mins jogging at speed 9ish to warm-up, worked a treat! Tonight it's the 20/20/20 class, while I know I'll be delighted afterwards - right now I'm tired and wishing I had a natural athletic build and outlook on life!! If that even makes sense.

Diet wise all is going well. Haven't eaten bread in a long time. Sweets and sugary snacks (except for yesterday's cookie) have been non-existent. Cravings have been ok too - happy to munch on a carrot or a handfull of nuts!

Trying to organise myself too, eating a banana before gym - about 1 hour before I exercise. Lately I've been getting a stitch though, so I think I'll have that energy snack a little earlier. Weird though - never had stitches before.

Doing this challenge is how you're going to achieve that Cork Girl!

Keep it up - been reading your progress - you're doing good!!

Thanks Celestial!

Have been very stressed with work and have been travelling the length and breadth of the country since mid last week, so I'm afraid things haven't been going well at all. This evening will be late too, so no gym. Tomorrow I have a birthday to attend so no gym, but Saturday I hope to get out and about. Didn't take measurements yet this week and wasn't going to bother, but after motivation on the other thread I think I better. Face up to it and it might make me move more over the weekend before the next measurements are taken!!

• Advertisement

Ok. Did my measurements and as I suspected - not good. Although I know I am very bloated at moment cos my tummy is at me.. so it's not really a fat gain I hope!! Weird thing is - no weight gain on the scales - still 140lbs, or 10 stone even.:o

So yes - it was worth doing the measurements just to confirm what I already knew - my belly has grown! But - it'll stop me gorging on rubbish feeling sorry for myself and get moving over the weekend :) Moving house shortly so will be getting a bike - cycling to work will be a welcome increase on my daily activities - just have to overcome my crap balance and co-ordination and general fear of traffic!!

Measurements for Week 7::eek::mad:

Neck
    Same
    Chest Same
    Bicep + 0.125"
    Wrist Same
    Waist + 2.25"
    Hips + 0.5"
    Top of legs +.25"
    Knee Same
    Calf - 0.125"

Body Weight Same

Last night went for a 45min walk, covered 3.2miles. Was nice - knew I couldn't go to the gym so at least I got out. Have Pilates tonight, hope to go for a walk afterwards. Would be nice.

Diet is going well - no crap and taking in lots of water. Need to up my vegetables intake, have been eating tons of spinach as it's so easy but need to up carrots, broccoli etc. too.

Measurements for Week 8
    Neck -0.25"
    Chest Same
    Bicep -0.25"
    Wrist Same
    Waist -0.875
    Hips -0.625"
    Top of legs -0.5"
    Knee +0.125"
    Calf -0.25"

Body Weight -0.4lbs - 10.0 stone even.

Pilates last night was great and got in a quick 20min walk, so at least there was some fresh air. Tonight is Boxercise class and will do some work on treadmill to warm up. Might even do a hydrorider class afterwards if I'm able! Have been very tired lately and seriously lacking in energy, which is reflected in the amout of effort I've been putting in physically :( Might look into getting a supplement..

Boxercise last night was tough and really got me where it hurt! Did a warm up of 7mins on the treadmill, of which 5mins was a jog at speed 9.5. Still can't seem to get a handle on the jogging - would really love to integrate it into my exercise routine properly but it just seems to be beyond me! Will keep trying for the moment anyway!

Tonight, I have the dreaded 20/20/20 combo class, with warm-up on the treadmill again and maybe a quick swim afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Still can't seem to get a handle on the jogging - would really love to integrate it into my exercise routine properly but it just seems to be beyond me! Will keep trying for the moment anyway!

If you would really like to include some jogging in your schedule try this plan for getting up to 5k. I used it myself last year, like you I wanted to be able to run a decent amount but found it hard to do it. If you're already able to run for 5 minutes then I'd say start on week 3, or maybe week 4. In no time at all you'll be running 5k+!

Be careful though, running becomes addictive!

Thank you! I have printed off the plan and it's going to start on Monday :) My new 9 week challenge! I think having a proper format to follow will do me good. I'll have to get a stop-watch (cheap one..) somewhere to do my times, but that's easily sorted!

20/20/20 was tough. Did the warmup on the treadmill and then into the class - first 20mins was boxercise, next 20 circuits with weights and final 20 abs blitz. Arms were shaking on the way home!! Amazed they haven't seized up today, but I'm sure it'll hit later!!

Can't get to gym today, work too busy and must hit the road home this evening - 4hour drive :( Tomorrow won't be the usual day of relaxation though - will do a workout of some kind!

Just have to keep an eye on diet - always harder at home!! Time for peanut butter and corncake now :)

Weekend went ok and weighed myself this morning - 9st 12lbs. Weight on week 1 was 10st 4lbs - so there is a difference alright!

A lot of driving this weekend and no gym as I went home. Did have a go on the Wii Fit - which is fun alright I have to admit! Better than sitting on the couch anyway! Had a good run around with a hurley and sliotar and have a few nice bruises for my efforts :D

Today is the start of my Couch to 5k plan. Scary :D

Final measurements from the 8 week Challenge will be taken tomorrow night, same time as all other measurements were taken during the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Today is the start of my Couch to 5k plan. Scary :D

I made a weekly run an important part of my BSBBC, and it's addictive, once you get a rhythm going you don't want to stop! :)

blah wrote: »
    I made a weekly run an important part of my BSBBC, and it's addictive, once you get a rhythm going you don't want to stop! :)

oh I hope so!! Cos at the moment there isn't much rythym going on :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement