Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BSBBC Cork_Girl defies the odds!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Ron Burgundy: Veronica and I trying this new fad called uh, jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. it might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Final results from 8 week challenge! (Can't believe the 8 weeks went so quickly and it is now summer!!)

Week 1 Final
    Neck 30.7cm (12.125") (-0.125")
    Chest 88.9cm (35")(-2.75")
    Bicep 30.4cm (11.75")(-.5")
    Wrist 12.5cm (5.875")(Same)
    Waist 83.9cm (32.625")(-1.5")
    Hips 90.2cm (35.125")(-2.375")
    Top of legs 61.6cm (23.875")(-1.875")
    Knee 42.9cm (16.5")(-.75")
    Calf 38.8cm (14.875")(Same)
    Body Weight 144.4lbs - (-4.6lbs)
    Height 5'7"

As for my goal - while I havne't lost as much weight (fat) as I would have liked, I do feel less self-conscious in my clothes. A little bit to go yet though. Half-way to a size 10 now - size 12 is a little too loose, size 10 fits fine but not the way I want quite yet ;)

Feel healthier and stronger. Have had a better routine and have been eating in a more structured way - more salads and veg. and less crap - breakfast is now a part of my life!

So there it is. Must reassess and set new goals for the next 8 weeks :D

blah wrote: »
    :D

Very good Blah!!

I did the first run session of the plan on Monday - did 30 mins of 60 seconds jog speed 9.6 and 90 seconds walk speed 6.5. Was wrecked by the end of it!! Have boxercise class tonight, will do second session on Thursday and hopefully the third session either on Friday evening or Sunday. Friday most likely as I know that my motivation on a Sunday could result in a no show in the gym!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Cork_girl wrote: »
    I did the first run session of the plan on Monday - did 30 mins of 60 seconds jog speed 9.6 and 90 seconds walk speed 6.5. Was wrecked by the end of it!!

Can I make a suggestion or 3? Ignore if you want :)
    • Drop the time back to the prescribed 20 minutes if you were absolutely wrecked after it, you'll enjoy it more and if you're anything like me you'll get hooked!
    • Try upping the jogging speed to 10km/h, just to get used to that pace - that'll give you 5km in 30 mins exactly...
    • Walk speed seems good, but again if you're knackered don't be afraid to drop it down to 6km/h...

And if you find the 20 minutes is too easy, skip to week two instead of lengthening it to 30 minutes.

xebec wrote: »
    Can I make a suggestion or 3? Ignore if you want :)
    • Drop the time back to the prescribed 20 minutes if you were absolutely wrecked after it, you'll enjoy it more and if you're anything like me you'll get hooked!
    • Try upping the jogging speed to 10km/h, just to get used to that pace - that'll give you 5km in 30 mins exactly...
    • Walk speed seems good, but again if you're knackered don't be afraid to drop it down to 6km/h...

And if you find the 20 minutes is too easy, skip to week two instead of lengthening it to 30 minutes.

Thank you :) Will definitely take that on board - did 13 mins on the treadmill last nite before a boxercise class - just a warm up. Put up the speed to 9.7 (don't know why I didn't go for 10.. but anyway!) and did 60 seconds on and 90 seconds off (speed of 6).

Was I warm??!! I was glowing! Needed a serious cool down and stretching before the class, which had a warm up of 5 mins jogging around the gym :D

I'm afraid to up things too much so definitely won't be skipping ahead to week 2 or anything just yet. Am going to give this serious effort. Still feel so uncoordinated on the treadmill - I feel that my feet have no natural rythym! Hoping that this will catch on soon!!

Ok well Week 1 of the Couch to 5k plan is down, moving onto Week 2 this week.

Still finding it quite difficult to get a decent rythym going but hope that I'll get a decent level of fitness out of it anyway!

Friday's trip to the gym hurt a lot as I had been out on Thursday night with some pretty high wine consumption :( Don't normally drink during the week, or during the weekends since the start of the 8 week challenge, so this week my diet etc. is all back on track. Did my 30mins on treadmill, followed the plan for first 20 and then did 10 mins with a high incline.

This evening I'm hoping to see some progress!!

I'm sick :( By 5.30pm on Monday I had a raging headache and my throat was all sore, by 10pm I had serious pains in my tummy and back. Still feeling dodgy but throat ok again, no gym for me today again though - that's 3 days missed now. Raging!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dv6

Happens everyone, take your time and when you are fit and healthy again tear back into it. Sometimes a few days off can be the best thing for ya, come back extra motivated and ready to go again.

dv6 wrote: »
    Happens everyone, take your time and when you are fit and healthy again tear back into it. Sometimes a few days off can be the best thing for ya, come back extra motivated and ready to go again.

Thanks dv6, I was really annoyed that I couldn't go to gym at all for the week, still not 100% but went for a jog yesterday evening and walked 40mins to work this morning. That's a start anyway!

Haven't taken measurements, but did a weigh in on Sunday morning and I was 9st 12lbs. So I'm happy that it hasn't crept back up on the scales if nothing else.

I hope to integrate jogging along the canal/outdoors with the current gym work, to make sure I get in all sessions of the couch to 5k plan. Must get a stop watch to do it.

Gym this evening to start week two - hope I'm up for it, if not I'll have to go back to week 1, which would be annoying.

Heading to a festival in Germany on Thursday so I know my diet/exercise is out the window again until the following Wednesday going well!! Will however be walking and moving around a bit, so I suppose it might work out about evenly with last weeks activities! It's the junk food and copious amounts of cheap beer that will do the damage :o

• Advertisement

Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Well, week 2 of the Plan and I misread the above and did 90 seconds jogging and 60 seconds walking for 20 minutes. Felt great :D Was absolutely delighted with myself that I was able to do it and when I saw this morning that I had made it harder on myself unknowingly I was extra happy :D Yay. Only problem is I won't get a chance to do the other 2 sessions this week as I'm off to Germany for festival, so I'll do week 2 again next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Personally I'd skip on to week 3 next week. If you were able to handle that session fine with only 60 seconds walking then it's time to move on and start getting some length into the jogging sessions. Have a great time in Germany... I was there a few weeks ago, I miss the excellent cheap beer...

Things kind of came to a halt there- was away at a festival and when I came back had a wedding and a few more gatherings so my plan has gone out the window! But.. I have been keeping an eye on my diet and have been walking to work (45mins) and home again. I weighed myself the morning before heading off to Germany and was 9St 9lbs - :D and will weigh myself again in the morning just out of interest. Haven't been in gym since the last post here on the 4th June :o. Do feel good but miss the proper feeling of a workout.

Have holidays coming up end of July and that is my new goal date - 4 weeks from next Monday.

Feel that my motivation dropped off at the first hint of disruption to the normal routine, must sort that out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

In fairness corkgirl you've put a serious amount of effort in up to now and sometimes I find a week or two off can make all the difference, you head back to the gym rested and ready to go again, and your motivation returns! :)

Thanks Eclectichoney for the motivation :)

This is the first day back, weigh-in this morning - 10 stone even. (140.2lbs) Measurements to follow this evening - no way would I have the time to do those in the mornings!!

This evening plan to go to gym and start Week 2 of the Plan again. Will also do some weights - hoping to get some advice from instructor as haven't a clue! Looking forward to it now :)

Well day 1 down, went in late as was working late - so was tired :( My shins were very sore and had to stop at 16mins - but went and did 10 mins on crosstrainer which didn't have as much impact. Didn't do the weights, was busy enough in gym and just didn't feel great. Shins fine today - was expecting them to be tender but ?! Dunno!! Also did 30 mins on abs/etc.

Will do my measurements tonight :o

• Advertisement

A lot of people seem to suffer from shin problems when they start running? Areou using decent runners? That might be the problem.

I got a pair of Asics when I started and I've had no problems until last night, will be going for a quick jog this evening and see what happens. Might reduce the speed from 10 to 9 just in case that was it. Fingers crossed!!

Might reduce the speed from 10 to 9 just in case that was it. Fingers crossed!!

It worked :) No shin problems - am happy. Did a 15 minute jog - 2 mins warm up at speed 6.5, then 3 mins at speed 9.2; 90 seconds walk speed 6, 3 mins speed 9.2 until I had reached 15 minutes and 2km.

Then did a Spinning Class - 45 minutes. :D Feel great!

that's great to hear Cork girl :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

Welcome back cork girl ! :D

• Advertisement

It's a new dawn, it's a new day....:D
    Week 1(Changes are from end of last 8 week challenge (23rd May))
    Neck (11.75") (-0.25")
    Chest (34")(+1.75")
    Bicep (11.5")(+.5")
    Wrist (5.875")(Same)
    Waist (31.625")(+0.625")
    Hips (33.625")(+.875")
    Top of legs (22")(+.5")
    Knee (15.875")(+0.125")
    Calf (14.875")(Same)
    Body Weight 140.8lbs - (+1lbs)
    Height 5'7"
    Age 26

New Goals:
    1. Keep up the routine of breakfast and regular organised eating of healthy nutritious food.
    2. Get enough sleep.
    3. Jog 5k.
    4. Fit into the clothes in my wardrobe that I like but have not fitted into 'comfortably' in over a year.
    5. Lose half a stone or inches off my waist/hips/top of legs.

That's all :D

Did a 2km jog to warm up - 15 mins and then 1hr boxercise class last night. Was tough and a great workout. Felt strong though and noticed the progress I had made since January, especially with the punches and stamina. Enjoy the class a lot.

Have asked for an assessment in the gym so that's tomorrow lunchtime - not really sure what I'm hoping to find out, but it's been a year so it's no harm. Will definitely ask for a weights demonstration - just to show me how to do the basics properly! Will then integrate that with the jogging.

Well - the gym reassessment went ok - went through a new programme involving a mixture of cardio and weights.

20 mins treadmill, 20 mins crosstrainer and 20 mins rowing. Then 3 sets 12 reps of a few machines focusing on arms and legs, with abs work on the mat.

This evening will be the first session :) See how it goes!

Had a quiet weekend, apart from a short jog around a local track with the dog I didn't budge. Diet wasn't *too* bad, could have been better but there was no Guinness involved so I'm happy!

Weigh-in and measurements for Week 1 tonight. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dv6

hey Cork girl, all the best with the new programme, though it does sound a little like the generic one they seem to give to everybody. Try it out i suppose and see how ya get on for a few weeks. Id try to get away from the machines though asap, i wasted a few months on these and started to see a lot more benefit when switched to the free weights, was a little intimadated at first to go in to the free weights section but you get over this within a couple visits. Anyway, all the best and keep up the effort.

dv6 wrote: »
    hey Cork girl, all the best with the new programme, though it does sound a little like the generic one they seem to give to everybody. Try it out i suppose and see how ya get on for a few weeks. Id try to get away from the machines though asap, i wasted a few months on these and started to see a lot more benefit when switched to the free weights, was a little intimadated at first to go in to the free weights section but you get over this within a couple visits. Anyway, all the best and keep up the effort.

Thanks dv6 - I think I'll give it a go for a while and get some bit of strength built up and then maybe move onto free-weights. While my lower body strength had really improved, my upper body is a bit pathetic! So I'm hoping to work on that and make some changes ;)

While the programme is a bit generic - he gave me specific reps to have completed and heart-rate info that I didn't have before - so instead of just going on the rowing machine aimlessly, I have an aim to complete 3,000metres. This is what I needed, to focus me and increase the effort put in!

Jesus Corkgirl are you meant to do all that in the one session? I'd be shot after an hour of cardio! :eek: If I lifted up a dumbbell I'd probably drop it on myself...

I'd deffo start off on free weights to be honest, even light ones. Stuff like lateral raises, military presses, french presses and bench presses. Lash in some lunges and you'll never need to use a machine :D

Jesus Corkgirl are you meant to do all that in the one session? I'd be shot after an hour of cardio! :eek: If I lifted up a dumbbell I'd probably drop it on myself...

I'd deffo start off on free weights to be honest, even light ones. Stuff like lateral raises, military presses, french presses and bench presses. Lash in some lunges and you'll never need to use a machine :D

I'll break it up so that I can be sure I get it all in! My main goal is still the Couch to 5k - everything else will have to fit in around that. Once I know I can actually run - I'll be very happy!!

As for free weights - I'll use the machines for the 6 weeks of this programme and then when I have my next reassessment I'll ask about free weights. I haven't a clue!! So I don't know what any of those are and I'd probably do more damage than anything!

Didn't get to finish work until 10pm last night so gym went out the window.

Today though.. was tough :D

Did 2km in 14mins, not sure what the finished distance or time was but I know that last week the 2km took 15mins, so that's a decent improvement for me! It's just being able to keep going and not take breaks too often. Wasn't feeling very well, yesterday was a long day and I was really tired this evening, was 90% decided to just go home but at the last minute walked into the gym intead of past it - and I'm really glad.

So, in total - 5 mins warmup on crosstrainer. 20mins on treadmill.

3x12 over head lifts?! 10kg
    3x12 leg presses 120kg
    3x20 stomach crunches

That was enough for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭birdie08

:)Hi ye cork girl,
    just having a read of ur posts...Im a lady too, i know what its like with a few bumps and lumps etc. but remember we all have a certain body shape, we can only do so much to change things but nature has a firm hold on us too. have u ever tried yoga or pilates? combined with ur gym/cardio..from experience, believe me yoga is fantastic, both for body and mind. If your living in the dublin area, try BIKRAM YOGA, its located in portobello, consists of 26 postures in a very very very hot room, for an hour and half. Each posture represents a specific area in your body, its fantastic for cleansing, circulation, stamina, strength..u wont need to do any weight training as the best weight trainning you can do is holding your body weight. I lived in london for some time, i attended studios there, it was such a significant part of my life, unfortunately its not available to me now as iv moved but give it a go, its worth it and I assure you, you will see changes, good luck

Hi Birdie - yes I was doing pilates for about 2 months until a few weeks ago. Decided it's not really for me - I enjoyed it and found it great for core strength - but not so much for the rest! I felt that I was missing out on a night in the gym with my other routines and not getting that feeling of a proper workout. I still use a lot of the general positions/exercises as part of my mat work in the gym and find them really good.

Did my measurements last night but forgot to bring them with me, weigh in was 10.1 or 140.6lbs. This morning that had changed to 9.12 or 138.6lbs.

• Advertisement

Hi Birdie - yes I was doing pilates for about 2 months until a few weeks ago. Decided it's not really for me - I enjoyed it and found it great for core strength - but not so much for the rest! I felt that I was missing out on a night in the gym with my other routines and not getting that feeling of a proper workout. I still use a lot of the general positions/exercises as part of my mat work in the gym and find them really good.

Did my measurements last night but forgot to bring them with me, weigh in was 10.1 or 140.6lbs. This morning that had changed to 9.12 or 138.6lbs.

hi there, i know everyone has there own routine and what ever works best for u. Although i wouldnt knock the Bikram yoga till u try it, the majority of the class do other forms of exercise and use the bikram for core strength etc. As for the scales, dont get fixated with them, me I just tend to go by my clothes..anyway best of luck and keep it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 forza athletico

hi Cork girl,

have read all your posts regearding you training i have to say i am impressed! Keep up the good work!

It seems however that you are lacking a little direction and focusing on scales a little too much. Figure and shape are far more important than scales. Your body weight also changes over night and you feel a little less bloated in morning rather than night hence your miraculous weight change the other night.

In regards to your running program, is the aim of this to be able to run or are you doing it to fit into a 10? The reason i say this is that most women i know dont care about whether they can run 5k, its about their shape. I just feel maybe that you should increase your weight training by doing it at least twice a week

birdie08 wrote: »
    hi there, i know everyone has there own routine and what ever works best for u. Although i wouldnt knock the Bikram yoga till u try it, the majority of the class do other forms of exercise and use the bikram for core strength etc. As for the scales, dont get fixated with them, me I just tend to go by my clothes..anyway best of luck and keep it up

Thanks birdie :)
    hi Cork girl,

have read all your posts regearding you training i have to say i am impressed! Keep up the good work!

It seems however that you are lacking a little direction and focusing on scales a little too much. Figure and shape are far more important than scales. Your body weight also changes over night and you feel a little less bloated in morning rather than night hence your miraculous weight change the other night.

In regards to your running program, is the aim of this to be able to run or are you doing it to fit into a 10? The reason i say this is that most women i know dont care about whether they can run 5k, its about their shape. I just feel maybe that you should increase your weight training by doing it at least twice a week

Well to be honest - I really want to feel fit. I have an office job that doesn't involve much moving about and my lifestyle in general doesn't warrant much activity! So, for too long I just trundled along which meant my fitness levels were atrocious for my age and I also felt very unhappy with my body in general. I want to be able to run! I want to feel fit and strong and healthy and running I really like - it's something that I want to master :) Thanks for your post and advice :)

Did my boxercise class yesterday which was very tough, 30 mins circuits - a lot of free weights, push ups, squats and sprints. 15 mins abs work, which hurts today!!! 15 mins general boxing - which is very little but I was happy out - I am feeling the burn today and it has been a while since I've felt it this bad! Did a 15 min jog before the class too. Feeling a bit better - don't need as many walking breaks - took 2 x 1min breaks :)

Thanks birdie :)

Well to be honest - I really want to feel fit. I have an office job that doesn't involve much moving about and my lifestyle in general doesn't warrant much activity! So, for too long I just trundled along which meant my fitness levels were atrocious for my age and I also felt very unhappy with my body in general. I want to be able to run! I want to feel fit and strong and healthy and running I really like - it's something that I want to master :) Thanks for your post and advice :)

Did my boxercise class yesterday which was very tough, 30 mins circuits - a lot of free weights, push ups, squats and sprints. 15 mins abs work, which hurts today!!! 15 mins general boxing - which is very little but I was happy out - I am feeling the burn today and it has been a while since I've felt it this bad! Did a 15 min jog before the class too. Feeling a bit better - don't need as many walking breaks - took 2 x 1min breaks :)

Hi there,
    I know how u feel, i always wanted to be able to run and about 2year ago i started. I had a good fitness level to start with as I danced best part of my teens, once I started college etc. i had to say goodbye to dancing so i started the gym. I know what helped me was having someone to run with, it gave me motivation and when I felt a struggle the other person could egg me on. ;)Now just to state im no ways a fantasssssssstic runner but now I dont need anyone to run with me, I can motivate myself. Patience is a virtue, dont be too hard on yourself. Depending how much time and effort you put in and keeping the balance you will see results. Hey at times I must practice what I preach, but hey you will succeed :)

After a rest day yesterday (and a wedding..) the gym this evening is beckoning. Aiming at doing a *proper* weights session with some jogging to warm up. Also, the rowing machine has been ignored so far this week, which is blatantly ignoring my new programme :o I just don't like it! But yes, I will give it a go today!

I kept my blinkers on while I walked past the pub as the rest of the office went in for pints.. and I kept my blinkers on as I hopped on the treadmill and ignored the rowing machine once again. Did my 2km warmup, in 13.5 mins :) Did 10 mins on bike RPM 85. I will start back on the couch to 5k properly again.

But anyway. Did -

120kg leg press x3 x12
    40kg lateral pulldown x3 x12
    10 press ups
    20 squats x 3
    Mat work included 3x12 normal tummy crunches, 2x12 obliques crunches, 2x12 lower leg raises (lower abs)

Then went to sauna to recover :)

Spinning class tonight - was really tough but I was finding my motivation lagging - knew I wouldn't put as much into gym work on my own. Really glad the class was on!
    Measurements and weigh-in tonight :o

Do you really find the classes good? i have often been tempted to go to a spinning class but part of me feels a bit weird about it, don't know why lol! maybe it's be too tough for me. Normally I just work through my own routine but people seem to think classes are great so it might be good for a change!

Hi Eclectichoney - ya I like the classes - for when I know I'm not feeling the best and won't put 110% into a workout on my own. I always come out feeling absolutely whacked and but in a good way :) Spinning is good - purely for calorie burning and legs. It's motivating that the instructor is in charge of resistance levels and the hills ahead :D I'm not a fan of aerobics classes - find them boring and I'm not the most co-ordinated of people so I tend to spend more time trying to figure out which leg to move than actually working out!! :o Maybe give it a try - they usually run beginners classes for spinning but either way - you can always stay at your own pace and keep the resistance lower if you feel you need to ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Ok :D This is it! Thanks G'em for organising everything.. now I just have to stick to it.. but am determined to do it by the book.

My goal - I want to be happy in my clothes and not feel frumpy and self-conscious. I want to feel healthy and have stamina for exercise. I want to be a size 10 (currently a 12), therefore I want to lose approx. 1 stone - but so far with my exercise regime I have lost no weight but have gained muscle.. so either way - to fit into size 10 jeans would be the overall goal! (i.e. no spare tyre!!)

Another reason I'm doing this is to put my life in order. To get up for breakfast, to have structured meals and exercise and to have a routine. It's a lifestyle transformation that I have been working on since January and this is the final push :)

Week 1

Measurements
    Neck 30.7cm (12.125")
    Chest 88.9cm (35")
    Bicep 30.4cm (11.75")
    Wrist 12.5cm (5.875")
    Waist 83.9cm (32.625")
    Hips 90.2cm (35.125")
    Top of legs 61.6cm (23.875")
    Knee 42.9cm (16.5")
    Calf 38.8cm (14.875")
    Body Weight 10.4 / 65.5kg / 144.4lbs
    Height 5'7"

Good on you. I have just started my own fitness log here.

How did you measure yourself above?

Good on you. I have just started my own fitness log here.

How did you measure yourself above?

Just a plain old measuring tape! Good luck with your log - will stop by :)

Just a plain old measuring tape! Good luck with your log - will stop by :)

Did you need someone to help you do it?

For example when you were measuring your calf how did you remember exactly where you measured it? Or your chest?

Did you need someone to help you do it?

For example when you were measuring your calf how did you remember exactly where you measured it? Or your chest?

Oh sorry yes I have a helper :) he doesn't really like the job though because I'm very rarely happy with the results! Generally though I'd go by the widest part - stand in front of a mirror. Have you read the Summer Challenge sticky - it's full of advice and information that has really helped me - thanks to G'em!

Oh sorry yes I have a helper :) he doesn't really like the job though because I'm very rarely happy with the results! Generally though I'd go by the widest part - stand in front of a mirror. Have you read the Summer Challenge sticky - it's full of advice and information that has really helped me - thanks to G'em!

Aaaah ok cheers. I'll check out that sticky.

Well - this evening it was Boxercise - which was really tough. Thought my arms were going to fall off. One a side note though, for the first time ever - I did 10 push ups, properly (yes ok from the knees.. but to date my form has always slipped after 5).

Did 10 mins jogging on treadmill to warmup - 1st 7 mins without a break. :) This is big for me!!
    Week 1 - 23rd March '08

Measurements
    Neck 30.7cm (12.125")
    Chest 88.9cm (35")
    Bicep 30.4cm (11.75")
    Wrist 12.5cm (5.875")
    Waist 83.9cm (32.625")
    Hips 90.2cm (35.125")
    Top of legs 61.6cm (23.875")
    Knee 42.9cm (16.5")
    Calf 38.8cm (14.875")
    Body Weight 10.4 / 65.5kg / 144.4lbs

Measurements for Week 2 - 8th July 2008 (changes from previous week)
    Neck 11.625" (Same)
    Chest 32.875" (-1.125")
    Bicep 11.875" (+0.125")
    Waist 31.875" (+.375")
    Wrist 5.875" (Same)
    Hips 34" (+.375")
    Knee 15.625" (+.25")
    Top of Leg 22.5" (-0.125")
    Calf 14.375" (Same)
    Weight: 140lbs or 10.0 stone (-0.2lbs!)

Not very nice changes really from last week!

• Advertisement

Well, the weekend was a bit of a disaster as I was away. Start of this week wasn't much better - have fallen off the wagon so to speak a little bit!!

Last night went to the gym, did 10 mins warmup on treadmill - again first 7 mins jogging@ speed 9.5 - then a 1 min speed 6.5 break and finish up at speed 9. Then 1 hr boxercise class. Was paired with the instructor so it meant each punch was heartfelt!! My right hand is still shaking and it's really hard to type today!!

Doing a 20/20/20 class tonight. Will also do measurements!

Tonight's class was good - did 10 mins on treadmill jogging warmup. Class was 20 mins step/aerobics, 20 mins circuits with weights on each station and 20 mins abs to finish. My legs are absoulte jelly tonight after all the squats last night and loads of squats and lunges tonight :o Gonna hurt tomorrow!! Measuring in a while, post up tomorrow.. few days late but better late than never!

Measurements for Week 2 - 8th July 2008
    Neck 11.625" (Same)
    Chest 32.875" (-1.125")
    Bicep 11.875" (+0.125")
    Waist 31.875" (+.375")
    Wrist 5.875" (Same)
    Hips 34" (+.375")
    Knee 15.625" (+.25")
    Top of Leg 22.5" (-0.125")
    Calf 14.375" (Same)
    Weight: 140lbs or 10.0 stone (-0.2lbs!)

Measurements for Week 3
    Neck 12" (+0.25")
    Chest 33.375" (+0.5")
    Bicep 11.5" (-0.375")
    Wrist 5.875" (Same)
    Waist 31.125" (-0.75")
    Hips 33.375" (-0.625")
    Top of legs 22.375" (-0.125")
    Knee 15.75"(+0.125")
    Calf 14.75" (+0.375")

Weight: 141lbs or 10.1 (up 1lb from last week :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭shut up!

(up 1lb from last week :( )
    Your waist and hip size have gone down. This generally means you're going in the right direction. 1lb means nothing. Could be muscle, could be water, could even be food inside you (poo :p). I would say you still went in the right direction. Don't be too disheartened ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Gotta agree with Shutup, the pound is nonsense, you're getting leaner, and slimmer. Simple as that.

Keep up the good work you're doing great,

Quick question, do you wear gloves when doing boxercise?? You're hands should not be sore from hitting things, if they are they need more protection, wrapped and gloves

• Advertisement
Advertisement