Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BSBBC Cork_Girl defies the odds!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

shut up! wrote: »
    Your waist and hip size have gone down. This generally means you're going in the right direction. 1lb means nothing. Could be muscle, could be water, could even be food inside you (poo :p). I would say you still went in the right direction. Don't be too disheartened ;)

Cheers shut up! I've noticed alright that the scales is barely budging and the results are coming along slowly but surely ;) I suppose it's just part of my routine to hop on the scales after doing my measurements just to see!
    gabgab wrote: »
    Gotta agree with Shutup, the pound is nonsense, you're getting leaner, and slimmer. Simple as that.

Keep up the good work you're doing great,

Quick question, do you wear gloves when doing boxercise?? You're hands should not be sore from hitting things, if they are they need more protection, wrapped and gloves

Thanks gabgab - yes feeling leaner - but not by that much, think I need to restrict my portion sizes to see better results. The gym work has been really good lately, with real effort and I really enjoy it. Need to clean up the diet though!!

With the boxercise - ya I wear the gloves alright but in last few sessions have felt sore. My wrists on the upper cuts are quite weak and my right hand has taken a bit of a battering after last week. My baby finger still shakes when I have my hand flat on a table and try to lift it! (not good I know). I don't bring in my own gloves, as we change partners and swap around etc. but I might look into getting a wrist support or something like that.

Going on hols on Thursday - so will try to be good :o Before that though, I aim to go to gym each evening. Tonight will be a jog followed by pump and tone. Tomorrow spinning and Wednesday boxercise. That'll have me in the right frame of mind at least for the first few days of hols to not over-indulge!

Did 10 mins warm up on the treadmill - 8mins non-stop at 9.5 speed. That's an improvement :o Then had the pump and tone class - basically 45mins of barbells and dumbell weights, lunges, squats, arm work, shoulders. Went for a 1 hour walk when I got home. This evening it's spinning :) (plus warmup!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cork_girl wrote: »
    With the boxercise - ya I wear the gloves alright but in last few sessions have felt sore. My wrists on the upper cuts are quite weak and my right hand has taken a bit of a battering after last week.

You can buy boxing wraps which look just like big long bandages, I wear them some times and they support your wrist / fist when you are punching. They are usually about €5...
    They will help a lot with hooks and uppercuts. Make sure your wrisp is straight and not bending when you are punching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

You can buy boxing wraps which look just like big long bandages, I wear them some times and they support your wrist / fist when you are punching. They are usually about €5...
    They will help a lot with hooks and uppercuts. Make sure your wrisp is straight and not bending when you are punching.

Yeh these are worth buying, and being shown how to wrap your hands properly, it will nmake a big difference. Keep up the good work,

Couldn't leave work on time to get in a decent warmup or jog. Spinning class was the most difficult yet, I'm not sure if it was because I hadn't eaten enough or had enough water (but I think I had!!) but it was the hardest in a long time. I sweated buckets and my legs were like jelly. Tried to push through it and kept going but was so glad when it was over!

Only one more day and one more workout and it's holidays.

Had a quick weigh-in this morning on an empty stomach etc. and the scales was kind, 9.11 or 137.2 - I know the scales isn't the be all and end all but it is nice to see it going in the right direction ;) Will do measurements tonight after my boxercise class.

10 mins jogging speed 9.2 :D Longest ever without a break and I know I could have gone further but I had to finish and go to the Boxercise class!!
    Going on hols on Thursday - so will try to be good :o Before that though, I aim to go to gym each evening. Tonight will be a jog followed by pump and tone. Tomorrow spinning and Wednesday boxercise. That'll have me in the right frame of mind at least for the first few days of hols to not over-indulge!

I did it :D I stuck with my plan even though there were one hundred and one things that were in the way and very valid excuses not to go to the gym each evening. I'm actually amazed :D I've changed my lifestyle! Lets hope it's not just 2008 ;) But it's certainly the longest I've ever managed to keep my New Year's Resolution!!

10 days of travelling Eastern Europe is bound to play havoc but I'll try make sensible choices and do what I can with bodyweight exercises etc. There will be lots of walking.. yayaya and food and drink and I'll enjoy it :D

Back in 10 days to start another 4 week challenge :D Will take measurements tonight and probably post them when I get back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I did it :D I stuck with my plan even though there were one hundred and one things that were in the way and very valid excuses not to go to the gym each evening. I'm actually amazed :D I've changed my lifestyle! Lets hope it's not just 2008 ;) But it's certainly the longest I've ever managed to keep my New Year's Resolution!!

10 days of travelling Eastern Europe is bound to play havoc but I'll try make sensible choices and do what I can with bodyweight exercises etc. There will be lots of walking.. yayaya and food and drink and I'll enjoy it :D

Congratulations Cork_girl, enjoy the holiday looks like you deserve it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HELM

Well done Cork_girl, your log is great and very motivating.
    Enjoy your holiday, you really deserve it after all your hard work :)

I'm back :) Not back to the gym though - today is my final day off, simply because I couldn't get organised to have a bag packed for gym today!

Tomorrow is the start of the next 4 week challenge. Measurements tonight and a weigh-in to assess the damage done :D I don't mind though, I enjoyed my break and felt fit and strong. Still want to tighten up overall but happy with progress so far.

Tomorrow is boxercise!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

hey cork girl , hope you enjoyed the break ! i certainly did ! Back on track now and was really glad to get back to it to be honest ,even though I did train while I was away my diet was totally off the wall but I was on hols after all ! Im sure tommorrow when ya get back into it you will be glad your back !

Well as you said Lindak I'd be glad I went back - I am! But it hurt!!! The class was good, did a 2km warmup first jogging on the treadmill. Doing measurements tonight :o

..................New........Last Week...Changes
    Neck...........12".........12".............Same
    Chest..........33.875"...32.875"......+1"
    Bicep..........11.5"........11.375".....+.125"
    Wrist..........5.875"......5.875"......Same
    Waist..........30.375".....30.375"...Same
    Hips............33.125".....33.25"...- .125"
    Top of legs...22"..........22.25"......-.25"
    Knee...........15.5" .......15.625".......-.125"
    Calf.............14.625".... 14.625".....Same
    Weight......... 138.6"...137.2..........+ 1.4lbs

Well, it doesn't look too bad. Chest gained, but it seems to be the area that always fluctuates if I go off track! At least it's not too bad.

Started my new 4 week challenge this week, but a blip already is a trip away this weekend. Going to gym tonight, 20/20/20 Combo class. Will warmup on treadmill, hope my legs won't feel like lead again!! Was restless last night and didn't sleep well, which is annoying. No gym tomorrow because of going away, but there will be lots of walking over the weekend! At least that's something :)

Ended up working later than usual so missed my class, but did 2km on treadmill, 5mins on cross-trainer then 3 reps of 8 on most machines. Did 5 sets of 12 ab crunches of different kinds.. hurt! About 20 mins of mat work and home. A change anyway but was sorry to miss the class. Never feel that I get as good a workout on my own!

Started my new 4 week challenge this week, but a blip already is a trip away this weekend.

Hmm it was a big blip. Haven't recovered yet :o Not feeling great and I know this is partially because i havne't been to the gym, but I'm just wrecked tired all week and have no energy. Brought in my gym bag today but it's sitting looking at me. I think I'll walk home, that's 40 mins.. and have and early night. If it rains.. then I'll go to the gym.

Well we are all allowed to have blips ! When you are feeling like you have more enery just get back into it . Until then take it easy ;)

Work has been crazy, haven't had net access and have been working odd hours so routine went out the window. This week has kind of gone back to normal, so got to the gym yesterday - did 10 mins on treadmill and 30 mins on different weights.

Today, did 10 mins on treadmill - 1.6k. Spinning class afterwards - was really really tough! After the last few weeks of missing out - it was really jumping in at the deep end. Glad I went though :o

The jogging was feeling good this evening, first 3 mins my legs were dead but it got easier. Will be away for a while again from next week, so it's hard to keep motivated. Will do another couple sessions this week, but I think for the moment it's just to keep me ticking over. Will have to start a proper challenge for myself when all has settled down again in mid September. Will still do measurements etc. though just so I don't become disillusioned!! Tonight's will be done shortly!

Glad your still on track corkgirl ! Was wondering where you had been. :D Keep up the good work

Ok the mayhem has settled and it's now time to get back to my routine and I'm so glad! Starting this evening :D

Measurements to be taken tonight!

• Advertisement

Didn't make it to the gym last night but did walk home - 40 mins :o Went to gym tonight, did 1km warmup in 6mins 20seconds :) Not too bad :)

Then had the spinning class - 45mins. Found it very tough but kept going. Will weigh in later, still need to take measurements but not looking forward to it.

Hey cork girl , glad to here your back in the swing of things !! :D

So are ya all set for today !!

Just about!! Had a crazy weekend of drinking and eating so I got all the badness out of my system!! Will be going for a jog this evening and will do measurements and photos for the start of the challenge. Diet will be reigned in too, no more sneaky biscuits or rubbish. Clean food and monitored portion sizes!

Had a bit of a binge at the weekend myself !

Hey how is things going for you ?

• Advertisement

Busy at work! Things going ok, diet wise. Have been watching everything I've been eating, cutting out bread and snacking. Will be hitting the gym in 30 mins, so long as the phone doesn't ring for me in the meantime! It'll be a 20 min jog and boxercise this evening. Looking forward to it!

You really seem to have gotten into the swing of things, fair play! Hoping routine will settle a bit more by next week :o

Good to hear your still on track ! I have also tried to cut out a lot of my carb intake and replacing with protein and Fat. Its hard but I know it works !! Still having some carbs but have drastically cut down ! Without noticing I had turned into a carb monster and only last last couple of days since starting the challenge had realised how much carbs i was actually having !!

Oh carbs are a huge enemy of mine - a love hate relationship that is just inevitably doomed!! I love my bread and my pasta - find it very hard to cut out completely. Making the best choices I can, plus bumping up my veg intake. Being organised is one thing, sticking to eating what you bring in to work for lunch is the hardest part!! I know though that in a weeks time I'll feel the better for it. Results are what I need now to spur me on!

Ended up working late yesterday, so no boxercise class for me. Had dinner (prawns, carrots, broccoli, noodles, tomato puree, garlic) and bed.

Today, had corncakes with peanut butter at 11am and went to spinning class at 1pm. 45mins class, then back to work and quick lunch of wrap with roast chicken (not a whole one!!), slice cheddar cheese, small spoon coleslaw and lettuce.

Glad I made time to get in for the class, feel all the better for it :D

Did 25mins on treadmill - 3mins at 10k then 1min rest at speed of 6k. Moved to crosstrainer for 8mins and then did a mat session for 20mins.

Diet going ok, need to drink more water - have felt very dehydrated. Tomorrow is spinning :o

Also need to stay away from alcohol! Finding that tough.

• Advertisement

Spinning class (45mins) this evening went well, came home and had a hearty bowl of home-made chicken & veg. soup, with pearl barley to fill me up. Was lovely :)

Couldn't get to gym last nite but did go for a 40min brisk walk. Food going ok, did have an ice-pop as a treat :o Challenge not quite going the way I want it to, but I'm determined to pick up the slack next week.

Measurements taken 30th Sept:
    Neck 12"
    Chest 33.5"
    Bicep 11.5"
    Wrist 5.875"
    Waist 32.75"
    Hips 33.5"
    Top of Legs 22.5"
    Knee 15.75"
    Calf 14.75"
    Weight 10.2

Challenge on pause. :( Just don't have time or energy to plan and organise meals or get to the gym. Got a bike and have started cycling to work, which is some exercise. Diet has been careful but portions not strict enough! Hoping to get back to gym next week.

Cycling to work is working out well, considering the rest of my gym work is dwindling. It means that I'm getting in 2.75miles each way - not bad going :) At least it means there's some bit of exercise each day.

Only thing is, that to go to the gym in the evening, I'm not sure I'd have the energy to cycle home afterwards!!! So must think about that one!

I knew it was bad but I have had my head buried in the sand since the 20th October - I can't believe it has been that long!! Oh man. Well I have kept up the cycling to work, but hadn't been to the gym until this evening. Very bad - and a pure waste of gym fees!! That alone should be motivation to cop on!

Spinning class tonight, was great. Will weigh myself later and do measurements just to see the damage done!! And to think that it's not even Christmas yet. :mad:

Weight 10.1

Spinning class again this evening, not so tough today but it will be hard to get to the gym between now and going home for Christmas. It all counts though right!!?! Smart choices.. smart choices.. :o

Advertisement