Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

help! what should i do?

Options
  • 25-03-2008 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

when i was cooking at home last nite, i heard sound of crash. i looked out the window and my car was hitted. it was parked on the kerb, and its off the kerb now and moved about 3meters. what the....!:eek:

an old man drives his 92 Benz crash into my car. front bumper, the left front wheel and both left side doors damaged:mad:

its seems like no big deal once his insurance company pays for all expenses,but the situation i am in is bit different.

i had deal with Mr.A for selling my car and got 2000 deposit last week and i paid 100 deposit for Mr.B for another car. i suppose to get rest money from A today morning and pay for Mr.B's car this afternoon.

but now i have no car to go to work and no money to get another car.

what should i do? would that be possible that i ask the old man for money and leave my car to him or do i have to wait till my car get fixed? it will take more than 2-month!

would a solicitor help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Contact your insurance company would be the obvious thing... does it include a replacement car for X number of weeks????
    I don't think they will help you any other way, so it's up to you to sort out the money situation.....

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Why do you think it will take two months to have your car repaired? I can't see why it couldn't be done in a couple of days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 LuciferGary

Contact your insurance company would be the obvious thing... does it include a replacement car for X number of weeks????
    I don't think they will help you any other way, so it's up to you to sort out the money situation.....

Best of luck

thanks tea drinker. i have talked to insurance company and got some advices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 LuciferGary

:(
    Anan1 wrote: »
    Why do you think it will take two months to have your car repaired? I can't see why it couldn't be done in a couple of days?

Anan1, its not about the repaire, last time i got hit, i put lots money on it and hand bill to insurance company, and it took about 2month to get money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

:(

Anan1, its not about the repaire, last time i got hit, i put lots money on it and hand bill to insurance company, and it took about 2month to get money back.
    Just agree a workshop with the other driver's insurance company, bring your car there, and let them pay for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement