Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to sell a .ie business with assets?

Options
  • 25-03-2008 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'd be grateful for any advice on this. Looking to sell my .ie business, have an interested buyer and we have got a sedo evaluation of the .ie business and also a .com that will be sold with the business too. The .com is not the same domain name, it's a different part of the business.

So what steps need to be taken from us owning the business to sealing the deal with the interested buyer?

Is there any good advice in terms of getting the best deal, and info we should know before agreeing on anything?.

What steps in order should be taken when selling? What would I need to do first, before and after agreeing a price?

Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

If you're selling the entire business that had the original entitlement to the .ie you should be fine (and able to follow standard business selling practices including the transfer of ownership of any Ltd Co. or RBN, etc.).

However, if you're just selling the sites (and not the original business), or you got the .ie domain under a natural person or a discretionary category, then the business/person taking over the .ie will have to prove entitlement (which might be as simple as a letter to IEDR explaining sale of business).

If it is a proper business then it's probably worth the few quid to speak to an accountant (who might refer you to a solicitor if there's anything complicated).

Advertisement