Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm quote

• 25-03-2008 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of the price region for getting an alarm fitted to a house that is prewired for one, in the north Dublin region?

Ideally am looking for one that phones you when the alarm goes off.

Have been quoted nearly 800 for this and that seems excessive when you consider that the hard part (wiring) is already done.

Anyone recommend someone / a company?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Fauldy Banny

How many shock sensors, contacts, doors, and PIRs? €800 sounds OK to me. Ring around and get a few quotes and make sure you compare like with like.
    And the cheapest price isn't always the best and make sure they are PSA registered too as it can cause you problems legally.
    If you like I can recommend some companies out your way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭youtheman

800 yo yos seems reasonable to me. I had an alarm installed in my 4 bed detached house recently (in Cork). House was prewired. Cost was 1000 plus VAT. I also ran wires for 5 PIRs and he charged a further 200 for completion.

I can upgrade to a device that will text me when the alarm is activated, that will be a further 150.

Advertisement