Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much time do you spend on WoW

Options
  • 25-03-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

My boyfriend started playing this game back in September, since then he clocked up 30days of play time! To me thats bordering on the obsessive! He claims its not that bad. So when did you join WoW, and how many hours have you clocked up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

My boyfriend started playing this game back in September, since then he clocked up 30days of play time! To me thats bordering on the obsessive! He claims its not that bad. So when did you join WoW, and how many hours have you clocked up?

Started 4 year ago US Closed beta, Used to play 14-18 Hours a day, quit 3 times over the years but always came back, quit about 5 months ago but came back playing a few weeks ago ONLY 2 hours every other day some times not at all,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

30 days play time in 6 months, not too bad. I was about the same until I gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

66 Days in 9months i think it is. But a good 6 days of that could be put down to AFK.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just under 120 days in just under 2 years. Quite a bit. I have 2 level 70 characters, and my main has just started on T6 content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

This one of those threads to see if he plays it as much as most people, if he does ill stop nagging if not, he's getting nagged more / dumped :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

juding by this thread, I think there will be some serious naggind coming his way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

juding by this thread, I think there will be some serious naggind coming his way!

Nah, just dump him and go out with me instead. I've only 25* days played since release I'm obviously nowhere near as obsessed as your boyfriend.

*Thats 25 days this month obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

14 days in about a year and a half :blush:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

About 20 days since October '06, but I've stopped playing the game for spaces of four to five months on a couple of occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

67 days played since release. Would be higher, except for the fact that I gave up the game for my leaving cert (9 months).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Blazher wrote: »
    Used to play 14-18 Hours a day,

holy sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I used to play the moment I got in from work until it was time to go to bed. So I stopped playing. It's a great game but it takes up WAY too much time.

Those gold farmers must put in serious Azeroth hours. I read some dude in Asia actually died in internet cafe while playing for three days staight, then there's the one about the parents who left their baby alone to go play WOW in an internet cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Hiya - on my main account (taken to multi-boxing at this point for the increased challenge) I've got >250 days played since release on a number of lvl70 chars. Which is prolly too much but I have the spare time and I'm happier doing that then watching TV for a similar number of hours over the same time scale.

Btw - both of the stories the previous poster mentioned are actually about MMO's based in the Far East. There are 13-14 extremely popular MMO's based in the East that have a sizeable customer base (estimates vary between 8 and 14 million unique users depending on how optimistic the source is) but which are largely unknown in the West. Because of this, any time a story about an MMO surfaces in Western media it's generally accompanied by a reference to WoW since WoW is more recognisable to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Only bought the game and got my own account this week. So far I've clocked about 23 hours in four days. Is that bad??:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

should be on 3 days pld and tipping 50 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I only play an hour a week on average but I think the hardcore WOW players wouldn't have the time to post on message boards like this. I preferred Warcraft III

JaneHudson wrote: »
    I only play an hour a week on average but I think the hardcore WOW players wouldn't have the time to post on message boards like this.

Ofc hardcore players have time to talk about wow... just won't see them outside this subforum :D

yes "them" not "us" >.>

Advertisement