Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Santa Fe, 2 litre diesel

Options
  • 25-03-2008 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you have any experience/opinions on a 2004/2005 Hyundai Santa Fe 2 litre diesel?

Looking at one with around 40,000 miles. The timing belt is due around 70,000 on the diesels and can be costly but if I got one with this mileage it would be a while before I incur that cost.

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Had an '04 one for about a year (from new) - great space etc as you'd expect form such a big car -

My only real flaw with it was the driving position - on a trip from Dublin to Cork which I do regularily - I'd get out of it and my back felt like I'd done a thousand miles over rough terrain - never mind only 160 ! Thats the only reason I got rid of it .. No mechanical problems whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

civic wrote: »
    Anything else I should be aware of?
    Heavy on diesel and give gearbox problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Heavy on diesel and give gearbox problems.

Never heard about trans probs but I've heard htey are thirstier than expected. I know a guy who had one that he never bothered servicing and it eventually crapped out which is of course his own fault.

Advertisement