Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish oral questions

Options
  • 25-03-2008 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi im a half spanish student who is doing the spanish oral in a few weeks and I was just wondering what exactly comes up in the oral and if anyone has a list of possible questions ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

The first thing is the roleplay (of which there are 5) :

Then for the rest of it, make sure that you have the basic stuff prepared-

Family: brothers and sisters, their ages, what they're doing. Parents occupations

Home: Location, neighbourhood (quiet, loud), how many of you live at home

You: What subjects you're studying, your favourite and why, what you hope to do next year, your hobbies, your favourite TV program/movie/book.

The rest...if you're doing honours, then it's useful to have two or three sentences on climate change, pollution, politics, the third world, the problems of young people (drugs, alcohol, casual sex :P). Although these rarely come up... Basically, I'd concentrate on the roleplays, and the basics. Oh, and make sure that you show use of a subjunctive somewhere!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 patchalv

Ok about this roleplay... Well do you just translate what they ask you or can you put your own twist on things or what ? And where it says respond to the question, does that mean the examiner will ask you a question and you just have to answer it ? like a sort of off the cuff kind of thing or what ?

So the rest of it is fairly easy basic kind of stuff ? Just sort of talking about yourself and that ya ?

Thanks so much for the help !!!

Yeah, you basically just translate it, although it's a good idea to put your own twist on things...like, in my class in school, all our translations are slightly different, so it doesn't look "learnt off" and prepared to the examiner. The relevant question thing is off the cuff, could be anything, but should be fairly simple. And the rest...just have the basics well covered and you'll be grand. Buena suerte :)

Bueno muchas gracias por todo la ayuda !!! A que escuela vas ? Bueno el examen me parece bastante facil entonces !!!!:D

Asisto a St. Al's, en el centro de Cork. El colegio me parece bastante...agarrado, pero me importa un culo ahora!! No hay mas que ocho semanas :cool:

Y de nada!

• Advertisement

A si !! lo conozco !! Si solo nos queda 8 semanas !! Todo lo que quiero es hacer los examenes ja !! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

hehe im also half spanish i dident even study for my leaving cert spanish i aced it as well easiest 100pts ever, if your fluent in the languade the test can seem a bit retarded lol!

Advertisement