Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paying VRT, paperwork required?

Options
  • 25-03-2008 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

What paperwork is required when paying VRT? I has a cert of perm export from the UK which was given to me when I purchased the vehicle. Do you need to complete any other forms or is it a case you simply pay over the cash?

Also does it matter that your name is not on the Vehicle export cert? The previous owner never bothered to pay the VRT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

According to the revenue site you need the full V5 registration cert from the UK. It does not mention cert of permanent export

I think you might have to contact DVLA in Swansea to try and get this.

http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/faqs/faq_cat8.htm

3. How and where do I Register?
    A completed declaration form together with the vehicle should be presented at any of the 23 Vehicle Registration Offices (VRO) VRO Location Finder (MS Word 51KB) . Declaration forms are available from any VRO. The VRT will be calculated by the official at the VRO, following inspection of the vehicle. In the case of a used vehicle you must present the foreign registration document. Without these registration documents (e.g. Sections 1-8 of the V5C from the UK) it is not possible for Revenue to register your vehicle. Please ensure you have the documents in your possession before you bring the vehicle into the State. If, due to some unforeseen circumstances, you do not have the documents in your possession when bringing the vehicle in you should make contact with your local VRO (see link above) by the next working day and explain the circumstances to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

All you need is the full V5. The name on the V5 doesn't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There no V5 as the seller had lost it when he moved to Ireland. All the DVLA would provide was a Certificate of permanent export, form V576.

Advertisement