Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bonus question

Options
  • 25-03-2008 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    What's the name of the insurance "option" whereby if you make a claim you are not penalised?
    How much is it?
    Is it available to all drivers?
    Is it worth it?
    Thanks
    Tim

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

What's the name of the insurance "option" whereby if you make a claim you are not penalised? No claims bonus protection
    How much is it? Varies - depends on insurer
    Is it available to all drivers? I assume so
    Is it worth it? Only if you have built up NCB for a year or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Worth mentioning that these bonus protection schemes only insure your NCB with that particular insurer...If you move to another insurer then you lose whatever portion of your bonus based onyour claim !

Because of this, I don't think they're worth it !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Some insurers won't offer you NCB protection unless you have 4+ years no claims in your own name. A lot of them offer "step back" protection which isn't great as it only protects part of your NCB. For instance I have 4 years NCB and hibernian are giving me a step-back protection that will bring me back to 1 year NCB if I have a claim that costs more than something like €6000, and fully protected for less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

On principle, I will never pay for insurance on my insurance. What's next? No claims bonus protection protection protection? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Worth mentioning that these bonus protection schemes only insure your NCB with that particular insurer
    ^^ to add to this:

My insurer sends me out a quote every year thats around double the previous year's premium. And every year I price around, then call my insurer and say 'You're quote was crap, I've been quoted €X', and my insurer matches €X.

Now, if my NCB was only recognized by that one insurer...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Gurgle wrote: »
    ^^ to add to this:

My insurer sends me out a quote every year thats around double the previous year's premium. And every year I price around, then call my insurer and say 'You're quote was crap, I've been quoted €X', and my insurer matches €X.

3 people in work said this - all with AXA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

stevec wrote: »

+1 here. Also with AXA. For the past 3 years, they've done so and I managed to half the initial cost to renew when I went back with a.n.other's quote . You think they'd have learned at this stage to stop trying to double my premium!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

stevec wrote: »

lol, I'm with Axa too :D

Advertisement