Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bday pressie idea for Boyfriend- help!

Options
  • 25-03-2008 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey all,

I would really appreciate some ideas on a bday pressie for my BF... He's gonna be 27, and the real problem is he pretty much gets himself anything he really wants! He is really into Music and film in general, obsessed with movies in fact. I had been thinking of a pair of http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gorgeous-gifts/gifts-for-him/ezvision-video-eyewear/index.html

however Im a bit worried he's never use them, and also ive heard a couple of paople saying they arent really that good.

He has most music equipment he needs/ uses and to be honest i dont think I would have the technical knowledge to pick anything new...

He's also very into photography, and has a Nikon D70 digital SLR. I would like to get something for that, particularly a tripod, but i have no idea where to go, which brand etc...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Suzy:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Personally I wouldnt go with the Visor thing, they seem really gimmickey to me and I heard the same reports that theyre not that good too.

How about vouchers for something he generally wouldnt think of doing himself - Skydiving, Rally Driving, Diving, Bunge Jumping etc. ? You can go along and watch at all those venues too AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

shooting range? Paintballing?
    at the end of the day guys are guys, they'll love that sort of stuff....
    and I agree with the prevous poster on the extreme once in a life time type presents :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Decayor

You mentioned he likes music? well what types? you could get him and yourself a weekend ticket to a festival somewhere?
    Theres plenty throughout Europe and am sure his favorite bands could be playing at one.

There always great weekends and it'd be a great present for anybody!
    Just and idea:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭allybhoy

c - 13 wrote: »
    Personally I wouldnt go with the Visor thing, they seem really gimmickey to me and I heard the same reports that theyre not that good too.

How about vouchers for something he generally wouldnt think of doing himself - Skydiving, Rally Driving, Diving, Bunge Jumping etc. ? You can go along and watch at all those venues too AFAIK.

Yeh id agree with c-13, I had the rally driving/mondello and helicopter lesson bought for me before and its definately the way to go. Id say I enjoyed the rallying most, it was a full day up in monagahan and really was top class. Plus we went up the day before and booked into a hotel etc so it was good for her aswell like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Was my bday this week and the gf got me the mondello driving course. Cannot wait to go on it but have to wait till i finish my finals :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Suzy1980

Yeah- Might give that a go :)
    Thanks everyone!

Advertisement