Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter eggs!!?

• 25-03-2008 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Where are they all? Are they usually gotten rid of on or after easter Sunday?
    I went to buy one on Sunday and they were all gone, I presume sold out. Does anyone know if there are any left anywhere? :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Where did you go for them? If it was a small shop then they might have run out alright, you might have a better chance heading into tesco's or somewhere.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got one in Tesco yesterday. They should have a few left, at slashed prices. Try the bigger supermarkets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Superquinns, Tescos, Lidls. Gone, all gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Eggs seemed cheap this year. I didnt bother to calculate the price per kilo, but you get 2 bars, and around 2 dairy milks worth in the egg, so 4 bars. In afterhours people are being charged €1 for a bar, so eggs might be cheaper than buying bars. And eggs always taste nicer for some reason.

In the 80s the likes of eggs, roses, quality street, costed around twice the price per kilo as normal bars in multipacks, now it has gone the other way, big tins of heroes or quality street are around 6.50 per kilo. a typical 60g bar at 80cent is €13.33 per kilo. The wrappers weigh a bit but not that much, it says it on the tin.

I have always been calculating/aware of stuff like that, even as a kid, I would ask for a dozen creme eggs instead of an easter egg, worked out the same price back then, the folks would put a price limit on my egg, I remember a lad around the corner just used to get a rake of bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

The Superquinn that I went to had the last few stacked into a metal 'cage' thingy and every two were taped together... ...

... ...2-for-1 Easter eggs! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Tesco Mahon Point in Cork have a whole aisle full - in fact, they have more tonight than they did last night! You may just be looking in the wrong places WindSock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Managed to bag myself a small smarties one from another Tescos. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My local Super Valu has rows and rows of Roses eggs. I think they may need to order in less next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I still haven't eaten the two I already have.

I know I know, I should be ashamed of myself :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Went to Tesco yesterday and there were still loads of Easter Eggs being sold at half price. Got a regular size Cadbury's one for €1.89. Not bad :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Anywhere in Limerick still selling them?

-Funk

Advertisement