Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy for travelling

Options
  • 25-03-2008 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Hi,
    we have a silver cross 3-d buggy for our new born. So far it ahs been a very goof purchase.
    We are to bring our young son over to edinburgh to his granny next month. However, We do not want to take the buggy as it is too expensive to have a luggage attendant throw it around an airport. I am looking for suggestions of people on here on where the best place is to obtain any cheap buggys that is decent, would suit for flights and is suitable for a 3 month old.

thx :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Check gumtree for a cheap 2nd hand? That or some of the parenting forums like EUMum or MagicMum have a buy & sell forum...hth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Maclaren buggies are light and easy to fold up. They have ones with extendible bits at the front for small babies. Theyre usually over €100 though so quite expensive

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Most of the very cheap ones don't recline for a small infant, but I got a mamas and papas one that does. It was pretty cheap as 'good' buggies go, and its light and folds up very small. You do have to buy the hood and plastics separate if you want them, which I did after I brought it on holiday. Its been my main buggy since as its so light and portable, I stopped using he massive travel system one I already had. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I have the Mothercare book here.
    They do a graco mojo stroller which is suitable from birth, multi reclinable, apron and raincover for €99 Thats v good value.

Its umbrella fold so It will fold up nice and tight,
    Might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Is using a sling an option? At 3 months they're still light enough for most people to be able to manage "reasonable" distances with them.

If not I'd echo the recommendation for Maclaren buggies as they're light, easy to fold etc. They're not dirt cheap though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement