Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knitting shops? Any in Sligo?

Options
  • 25-03-2008 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

I have yet another request for a family member - my Mum this time. She's forgotten her knitting needles (size 9's if anyone is interested :confused:).
    I was wondering if there are knitting shops in the area? Or where would the closest one be?

Thanks again guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Lyons beside the Post Office
    Blackrocks (if it's still open) on Harmony Hill
    Mullaneys perhaps in O'Connell Street

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Enjoy the knitting Gillie?

No, Tulipandthistle, Lyons used to have a great knitting department, but its closed down (Adams Kids now).

I have been in Blackrock and Mullaneys lately and haven't seen any, I think I would have noticed, but it is possible* I'm wrong!

*doubt it though...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

> >
    < <

Gillie wrote: »
    > >
    < <

Hehe...

Don't worry, you have redeemed yourself somewhat, by giving useless information!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If you look up the Golden Pages online, there's a few places listed in Galway & Clare.. I'm sure one of them would take an oder by phone & post them out.

Or get them online.

• Advertisement

Sorry, Tulipandthistle, I just noticed your Mum needs a pair of size 9 needles, I probably have a pair, but they are WAY in the back of a cupboard. I'll have a look later today, if so, your Mums welcome to them.

If I don't let you know by tonight, send out a search party, it means I'm lost in there...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

sueme wrote: »
    Sorry, Tulipandthistle, I just noticed your Mum needs a pair of size 9 needles, I probably have a pair, but they are WAY in the back of a cupboard. I'll have a look later today, if so, your Mums welcome to them.

If I don't let you know by tonight, send out a search party, it means I'm lost in there...:eek:

That's very generous, thank you!! They have gone into town in search of knitting needles, Maw reckons all charity shops should have them.....
    I'll update you when they're back and call out a search party for you, if need be:D

We checked the golden pages Starbelgrade, Maw and Paw are only here for a week and she has a mountain of knitting needles at home - she just forgot to pack them....sigh

We checked the golden pages Starbelgrade, Maw and Paw are only here for a week and she has a mountain of knitting needles at home - she just forgot to pack them....sigh

Okey Dokey!

That's very generous, thank you!! They have gone into town in search of knitting needles, Maw reckons all charity shops should have them.....
    I'll update you when they're back and call out a search party for you, if need be:D

I'm in town (ish) so see if they could call you before they leave town, if no sucess they could pick them up from me here at home. I'm in the middle of gardening and dying my hair (yes at the same time), so I hope Maw and Paw aren't easily alarmed!

I'm in the middle of gardening and dying my hair (yes at the same time)

The oul multi-purpose weedkiller is great.

• Advertisement

Found them! Size 9's.

Now if only someone could use a "pair of size nines" on Starbelgrade...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Or pipe "Chasing Cars" on repeat into his house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

I'm in town (ish) so see if they could call you before they leave town, if no sucess they could pick them up from me here at home. I'm in the middle of gardening and dying my hair (yes at the same time), so I hope Maw and Paw aren't easily alarmed!

OMG! I had the dogs all ready for search party - not that they'd find anything except for the nearest comfiest cushion....
    They are not easily shocked, my hair is half bright pink. Gonna phone them now.

They must be on their way back coz there is no reception....but thank you for the offer Sueme!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Might be too late now, but The Crafter's Basket in Cliffoney would probably have that stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dingo dog

if you dont find any go to you local chinese, ask for some chop sticks and whittle them down to the required size! you may aswell order some food to, this way you feed your family and entertain your grandmother hobbies! this way you would kill two birds with one stone! (birds being duck with plum sauce!!:))

• Registered Users Posts: 27 numbskull20

The Gingham Duck on Harmony Hill. http://theginghamduck.com/home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The Gingham Duck on Harmony Hill. http://theginghamduck.com/home

After 4 years I'd say the OP is sorted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement