Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insure.ie

Options
  • 25-03-2008 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anybody use these guys and how did they find them?
    Also, when you go with these guys, do you get the actual policy from the insurance company or just with them?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 siobhcc

I have used them for the last 2 years. I found their prices good- they are also very willing to match other quotes and the breakdown of what you get with each individual policy is very helpful.

You get your insurance cert and disc from whichever insurance company you go with- not from insure.ie. I received all this very quickly as well,

Hope this is of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

I called them (well Mike Murphy Insurance) ... same company. And they we're great.

Got my quote down from €2,500 on a 1.6 Astra with Quinn Direct, to €1,900 on 2.0 Turbo Astra with Hibernian. Then my renewal last September came in at €949. My girlfriend is with them too, Axa wanted €1,450 off her on a 1.2 litre 2007 car, I called Mike Murphy and Fully Comp, she go cover for €650 with Eagle Star.

Both our discs are from relative insurance companies, and not insure.ie as they're just a broker, not an actual insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I'm with them and they beat everyone around.

I did a quote online and didn't accept it as I hadn't bought the car yet but got a good quote. Few days later I got an email saying could they do better for me.. a manual quote and to email some details. The quote they then gave me knocked a few hundred off too. The quote ended up being half of what quinn wanted and now I'm with Hibernian.

Definitely recommend them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Am with them too and they came in well under everyone else. My insurance is with allianze yet when i rang Allianze direct they would not quote. Also my previous broker had my last car insured with Allianze yet they wanted 70 a month (old premium plus new) for the last six month of my old policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭T J Hooker

I've used them, policy was with Hibernian but through insure.ie at €1050. When I asked Hibernian for a quote direct it was €3250. Weird but true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'm with them for the last two years. Their prices are VERY low - but their method of calculating discounts seems a bit surprising to me. I got onto them last year when renewing and they quoted me an AXA policy which significantly undercut my Quinn renewal. However, when I got the paperwork I noticed that they had me down for 3 years NCB rather than the 2 I told them and that I had a full licence for 7 years, rather than 2! Phoned them and they said that they're allowed 'pad' my NCB by the insurance companies and that they put everyone with a full licence down for 7 years, no matter how long they have a licence. I rang AXA where a rather unhelpful chap agreed that they were allowed add extra discount.

Got my renewal from them this year and they had me down for 7 years NCB (instead of 3). Rang up and was told that changing from 7 to 3 made no difference to price.

Now, I'm not suggesting for a moment that there's anything dodgy going but does anyone know if this kinda thing is standard practice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wallyworld

I think they're great...used for the last four years for both auto and home ins.

They got me the exact same policy that I was getting straight from the insurance company for about 40% less.

I think they are very very good (not affiliated with them)....

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Yeah they are good, I have been with them 6 out of my eight years driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I was speaking to them yesterday.

I got my insurance renewal for €405. Not too bad. I phoned them up and asked could the do any better, and two minutes later they reduced the quote to €320.

Not too shabby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I found them to be a disaster. I ended up cancelling my policy with them half way through and going to Quinn who were much cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

JHMEG wrote: »
    I found them to be a disaster. I ended up cancelling my policy with them half way through and going to Quinn who were much cheaper.

As a matter of interest, what problems did you have half way thru' the policy that would make you cancel it?

I managed to get a free motor from my mother who was upgrading from a 96 Astra as the wife wants to start driving. With 6 years company car policy behind me and the wife on a provisional, i was quoted €350 including breakdown assistance. Thats an unbelievably good quote.

The problems with Insure.ie for me started before I even took out a policy with them. I got a quote on line, and phoned up two days later to take it. I was told "it hasn't come thru yet", which I thought was strange in the days of e-commerce.. do they print them out an post them or something?

Anyway I dictated all the details to the lad over the phone and he posted me out the proposal form for me to sign and post back in. Virtually every detail on the form was wrong, like having me down as having a full licence since age 8. I had to phone them again, dictate all the details again and get a new proposal form sent out.

Anyway, 6 months into my policy I changed car and was told it was going to cost me €180:eek: for the remainder of the policy. I had a look around and every other insurer had the new car cheaper than the old one, so I figured insure should be giving me money back. I phoned them again and was told that €50 of the 180 was their admin fee. I queried why it was so high and was told "you don't expect us to give our time for free, do you?" (they take a cut of every policy too). So that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I did the maths and found that if I moved to Quinn it would cost me about the same at the end of the day, but it would be worth it as I wouldn't have the stress of dealing with insure.ie further.

All companies charge an admin fee!? You'll find Quinn are the same but from what I've heard you won't get your money out of them. If you got it cheaper you should have fought this to try get a cheaper quote from them.

I got the same when they sent out the form. Some of the details were wrong and when I asked about this they said it didn't matter how long I had held my full license but it was my NCB they look at. I amended it anyway and signed the form and sent back it. They saved me a lot of money on it and were far nicer to deal with than Quinn and now I'm with Hibernian which is piece of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 keepherlit

The problems with Insure.ie for me started before I even took out a policy with them. I got a quote on line, and phoned up two days later to take it. I was told "it hasn't come thru yet", which I thought was strange in the days of e-commerce.. do they print them out an post them or something?

I would say the quote was fine but the lad on the phone prob gets commission for doing the quote himself or something.
    I got a policy with them last month and had no hassle, cheaper than my direct quote from hibernian too. they seem to be generous with their no claims discount, I had 7 years named driving experience and my policy came through with full no claims discount on it. not complaining though

I'm aware most charge admin fees. My previous broker charged €7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 keepherlit

their charge seems excessive alright, happy with my experience though, hopefully i wont have to do that.

I thought Quinn charged 35 or 50 or something similar? The broker charge would include the brokers fees and the insurance companies fees? As excessive as it may be its not really that bad for changing cars especially considering in most peoples cases here they have beaten the competition away.

But obviously insurance is a personal based thing and the same conditions can't apply to everyone.

Well they weren't competitive for me when I was changing the car, whereas others were, and Quinn was the best.

Quinn do have fees (and were in court for having them too) but they were made clear to me on the phone very quickly. Insure told me that because I visited their website I should be aware of their fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

I am with them, have been with them, well, Mike Murphy, since I started driving and every year bar one they were the best.

I am currently on an AXA policy through them, my sister works for AXA and couldn't get close to the price I paid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

My dad's with them - Mike Murphy and he's happy
    I went through them & I'm with Royal Sun& alliance - I got €898 full comp, provisional license for one year. Renewals in June so I'll find out new price then.
    (edit - Quinn/Hibernian were quoting 1157 ish for the same)

Only issue I had was I rang them in Nov when I passed my test, they said grand they'd tell my insurers and to send in a copy of my license, so I did. However having not recieved my rebate by Jan I rang up and was told they never got my license (??) so I sent it again, no show, and I kept the guy on the line and and tried 3 times. (dodgy email address of theirs perhaps). So in the end he told me to send it to his one (not the main info one) and he had it in seconds. THEN told my rebate would be like.. 40 euro because they can't backdate. Yet to receive said 40 euro btw.
    However I've been promised the best renewal price...so we shall see come June.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jimclub

I'm with them for the last two years. Their prices are VERY low - but their method of calculating discounts seems a bit surprising to me. I got onto them last year when renewing and they quoted me an AXA policy which significantly undercut my Quinn renewal. However, when I got the paperwork I noticed that they had me down for 3 years NCB rather than the 2 I told them and that I had a full licence for 7 years, rather than 2! Phoned them and they said that they're allowed 'pad' my NCB by the insurance companies and that they put everyone with a full licence down for 7 years, no matter how long they have a licence. I rang AXA where a rather unhelpful chap agreed that they were allowed add extra discount.

Got my renewal from them this year and they had me down for 7 years NCB (instead of 3). Rang up and was told that changing from 7 to 3 made no difference to price.

Now, I'm not suggesting for a moment that there's anything dodgy going but does anyone know if this kinda thing is standard practice?

hi

i think the reason for this is axa give intro no claims bonus after one year if your over 25 + rate a 3 yr bonus as full.

maybe this is wrong but it happened to me. i'm into my 4th yr driving & have a 70% no claims bonus with them

Advertisement