Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb Scare in Inner City Dublin

Options
  • 25-03-2008 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Not sure exactly what the deal is, but its just down the road of where I'm based. We're in work and a few people thought they heard sirens, but we're still not sure... :p

[edit]
    Breaking news have an article about it here:
    http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhojeyojkfey/
    [/edit]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256394

This attack is a reply to the two found in Crumin.^

Basically there's a feud between a major well-known drug dealer in Crumlin and the INLA Dublin leader (who we all know), the INLA lad lives around the Coombe so I presume this attack was aimed at him or one of his other main men around Dublin 8.

This is only getting started btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

(who we all know)

Who?

enda1 wrote: »
    Who?

Declan "Whacker" Duffy - INLA

So at the moment, there is a three-way war going on, INLA-Crumlin Gang-Drimnagh Gang.

So at the moment, there is a three-way war going on, INLA-Crumlin Gang-Drimnagh Gang.

Never heard of him. Silly gangs. Wouldn't exactly call it a war though. Maybe a bit of fisty cuffs and a lot of Yor Ma's being thrown around willy nilly but not really Hiroshima stuff yet is it?

• Advertisement

Wouldn't exactly call it a war though. Maybe a bit of fisty cuffs and a lot of Yor Ma's being thrown around willy nilly but not really Hiroshima stuff yet is it?

Well if you've been living around The Liberties for the last 5 years you know it's alot more, after Wayne Zambara was shot in a car at the back of St Teresa's Gardens just off Cork St, the can of worms opened.

And now with Mr.Duffy out of jail the INLA are now fighting for every piece of drug turf in the south inner city.

So enda1 may I suggest not talking about stuff you don't know anything about in future.

Well if you've been living around The Liberties for the last 5 years you know it's alot more, after Wayne Zambara was shot in a car at the back of St Teresa's Gardens just off Cork St, the can of worms opened.

And now with Mr.Duffy out of jail the INLA are now fighting for every piece of drug turf in the south inner city.

So enda1 may I suggest not talking about stuff you don't know anything about in future.

No I think I will continue. I have lived in Dublin for long enough to know its not exactly a warzone. Its one of the safest cities I have ever been to actually.

I have lived in Dublin for long enough to know its not exactly a warzone. Its one of the safest cities I have ever been to actually.

Totally agree Dublin as a whole isn't a warzone, but at times Dublin 8 and Dublin 12 can be and at the moment it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Derek_Keenan

lol@ thinkin dublin is one of the safest cities......its one of the most dangerous cities in europe statistic wise (not that thats saying much) ......fuck that per capita shit.....along with london, birmingham, glasgow, limerick and certain spots in italy, its not somewhere you ever want your family at night any time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Just curious, but there has also been mention of feuding between settled traveller families in the area as well, what with the disruption in the church on Mourne road recently. Thought this was the cause of the pipe bombs in Crumlin last week. Is there any alliances with these families and the feuding gangs as well?

What's your knowledge of this Gavin.

• Advertisement

Haven't any knowledge of that in all fairness, only know about the INLA and the 2 gangs as them all have some sort of operation in The Liberties. I'll try finding out though as I have a mate who lives on Mourne Rd just down from the chruch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

And he's making bombs in retort that could potentially kill innocents?

Bloodly gangs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

its one of the most dangerous cities in europe statistic wise (not that thats saying much)

source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

wish they hurry up and liberate us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Never heard of the fecker either.

Probably a muppet, what does he 'whack'?.

And he's making bombs in retort that could potentially kill innocents?

Bloodly gangs

Yup like them all, scum.

Mairt wrote: »

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=Declan+Duffy&meta=

Haven't a clue what the whack stands for mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Mairt wrote: »

He was involved in the Ballymount 'bloodbath' around the turn of the millennium.

Old stomping ground was somewhere in Tallaght until he was jailed.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0524/dublin.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0522/dublin.html

I'm guessing these have something to do with the INLA yet again, then again I haven't heard anything as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

hes leader of the inla in dublin and has a "security firm" according to the hearld today. and btw who said dublin isnt safe is full of sh*t! ive lived here for3 years in santry inner d2 and now d1 and never ever had an iota of trouble.sure there are lots of scum, but its very rare that people not involved in crime are affected greatly with the exception of francis st incident

• Advertisement

shakin wrote: »
    hes leader of the inla in dublin and has a "security firm" according to the hearld today. and btw who said dublin isnt safe is full of sh*t! ive lived here for3 years in santry inner d2 and now d1 and never ever had an iota of trouble.sure there are lots of scum, but its very rare that people not involved in crime are affected greatly with the exception of francis st incident

Yut Mr. Duffy has all to do with this as far as I know. And as for the trouble in the 17 years I'v lived in Dublin (all my life in The Liberties) I've only got trouble from the local scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

lol@ thinkin dublin is one of the safest cities......its one of the most dangerous cities in europe statistic wise (not that thats saying much) ......fuck that per capita shit.....along with london, birmingham, glasgow, limerick and certain spots in italy, its not somewhere you ever want your family at night any time of year

You my friend, are an idiot.

The whole INLA thing seems to have kicked off again, somebody shot in Grumpy Jacks in The Coombe at around 10 tonight, passed it myself at 10.10 and the area was full of guards. Supposely the lad who was shot was never seen in the pub before and was shot 7 times, coming from my sources.;)

EDIT: I've just been told that he's since passed away. And supposely it was a set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Jesus, I'm living right beside Jacks. Wondered what all the commotion was, crazy stuff.

The Gnome wrote: »
    Jesus, I'm living right beside Jacks. Wondered what all the commotion was, crazy stuff.

Hate that!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Hate that!:p

Meh, few shootings and a grenade attack now and then's not much. Could be worse, I could be living in the Tenters...:D

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0219/coombe.html

Although it says "Gardaí say there was nothing to indicate it was a 'gangland' shooting, other than the type of incident". it was indeed a gangland murder.

He died on the operating table after being shot 6 times in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0219/crumlin.html

yet another bomb scrae, this time its crumlin

Advertisement